Zoey

Usually football was Zed's happy place but tonight wasn't the case. Zoey was a great kid and Zed loved his little sister dearly but the stress of watching her was already getting to him.. and his game hadn't even started yet.
He stood in full football uniform and pads  on the side lines looking on as JV's game was starting to wrap up. Too keep Zoey busy he packed her coloring supplies, books and plenty of fruit snacks. However it had already been two hours and he could tell she was getting bored of sitting on the grass watching the JV cheerleaders dance, while she opened her 4th bag of fruit snacks... 'Maybe I should've packed her like a sandwich...'

Zed saw Bucky walk up to the gate that surrounded the turf, leaning on it as he talked to his cousin. That's when he saw Millie was with them, no longer sporting the jersey but still rocking the sexy rave hair complete with green glitter war paint. 'Fuck she's cute..'

Millie grinned when she saw him make his way over towards them.
"Hey princess, nice outfit." Smirking as he checked her out, the maroon crop top and black shorts from earlier showed off her glowing tan skin.
"What's up stud, yeah turns out jerseys aren't my thing." She mimicked the words commonly spoken by the green haired jock. It brought a smile to his face while Addison and Bucky couldn't help but watch the two interact. They noticed how Zed wasn't being overly obnoxious and Millie wasn't scared to play.

"We were just telling Millie how she should've joined cheer, I feel bad that you'll be by yourself while we're all out here.." '

"Eh it's fine, I'm sure I can find some of my teammates to hang out with or something."

"Zed!" A distraught Zoey walked up to her big brother, Millie was surprised when she saw the young girl lean against the football star. She was even more surprised when Zed took a knee and pulled her into his arms.
"Zoey what's wrong?"
"My tummy hurts, too many fruit snacks.."
"Fuck.. Okay not great timing Zoey the game starts in like 15 minutes what if I got you a hot dog would that help?" At the mention of the hot dog Zoey's face paled and she turned to puke next to the fence. Zed ran his hand over his face is frustration as he held his sisters hair back.

"Need some help?" He forgot about his classmates as they stood off to the side. Addison and Bucky said they were going to go get ready for the game while Millie hopped the fence to help.
"Hey there, Zoey right? I'm Millie.. how are you feeling?" Millie held her hand to Zoey's forehead making sure it was just a upset stomach. She pulled an extra hair tie from her wrist before offering to take care of it. Zed nodded as he let Millie take over, surprised by the gesture.
"Zed gave me too many fruit snacks.."
"I can see that, here let's go get you washed up. Then we can hit up the snack bar and I'll get you a Gatorade, maybe see about getting you some real food sound good?" Zoey nodded hugging the unfamiliar teen as Zed watched on.
"That is if it's okay with you?" Millie whispered as Zed was brought out of his daze.
"Uh uh y-yeah.. wait fuck Millie are you sure? I'm sorry usually she's with a babysitter but—-" A whistle blew through the air, the Varsity players started grabbing helmets taking off to their team huddle as the JV team exited the field.
"We can talk later, I'll take Zoey.. You go do what you do best."

"Fuck, Thank you! Thank you so much, I owe you." Zed hugged her quickly, surprising her for what seemed like the hundredth time today. Kneeling down to Zoey's height he gave his sister a quick kiss on the cheek."Okay Zoe, I'm so sorry about the fruit snacks. Please listen to Millie and I'll see you right after I'm done, love you." She hugged her brother before he got up and took off to join the huddle.

"Okay let's get ya cleaned up.." Millie picked up Zoey's back pack as the little girl took her hand. After Millie took Zoey to the restroom they visited the snack bar. The bleachers were filled to the max so they had to settle on sitting on the grassy area on either side of the bleachers where other late comers were setting up their blankets.