Always...

"We will be there as soon as we can." Elizabeth tried to remain calm as she talked to Millicent. The younger girl bit her lip as she tried her best to keep the tears in. Her voice betraying her as she choked.

"I—-I'll keep you updated."
"It's going to be okay sweetie. This isn't the first time either of you have taken a hit." Elizabeth tried her best to reassure her before reminding her they would be there soon.

"Anything?" Bonzo, Bree and Bucky were panting , thankful as they found Millie standing in the waiting room.

"Just took him back for tests." Her voice sounded off, her fingers combing through her styled cheer hair as she tried to take a breath.

How the fuck was she suppose to keep calm?!

"What even happened?!" Turning to Bucky he sighed and shook his head. His eyes heating in response.
"That twat Evan, he wasn't too happy when he got sacked. He head butted Zed and then when he knocked his helmet off.. He didn't stop." Bucky huffed, pulling at his hair. "Zed didn't even see it coming and I don't think he even had a chance to fight back."

"Evan would be the one here if he did." Bonzo mumbled, rubbing the back of his neck. He pulled Millicent into a hug seeing his friend about to break.

"He's never just gotten hurt like this.." Millie sobbed, She was in a coma when they had gotten into that accident. She hadn't seen what he went through.  "..I haven't seen him hurt like this."

"Hey! Come on not even a truck and faulty airbag could take him out. This is nothing. He's going to be okay." Bonzo only kept reassuring her, his eyes looked over Millicent's head to his own girlfriend.

"Should we see about getting a hotel for all of us ?" Bree nodded, "I'll see what I can get. Probably should figure out food too?"

"On it." Bucky nodded, the friends quickly pulling together to help their friend in need.

"Millicent Calvin's?" Millicent turned at the mention of her name. Two police officers made their way over. "Uh yes?"

"I'm officer Ryan's and this officer Daniels. We had a couple questions for you and is there a Bucky Buchanan present?"

"Right here.." Bucky stood next to Millicent, "is this about that prick Evan Nears?"

"Yes has Mr. Necrodopolis and Mr. Nears ever had issues in the past?"

"No, they've played against each other a few times but we don't even know the guy." Millicent assured the officer before turning to Bucky.
"That's correct, they only knew each other on the field and up until tonight they've never had a problem.."

"Who attacked first?"

"Zed had tackled Evan as part of our defensive play, so our QB could get past him but it was by the book!" Bucky started getting agitated, "He had Zed on his back and his helmet off before Zed could do anything. He was defenseless."

The more it was repeated the more angry they became. This shouldn't have happened.

"Hey.. He's going to be okay." Millie hugged Bucky, "you did your best to help."