Lies

"I—I'll think about it, O-okay?"

Zed bit his finger nails nervously, he got to school early to meet Savannah but the only thing on his mind at the moment was Millicent.
He had poured his heart out to her, only to have her stammer out a reply.

I'll think about it.
What does that even mean? I only told girls that when I was messing around with them..
The thought made him stop pacing, Zed quickly pushed it to the back of his mind suddenly noticing the small blonde make her way up the hill of the football field. Millicent isn't going to leave me.
She loves me as much as I love her..

...Right?

"H-hey.. How are you feeling?" Savannah rolled her eyes, pulling her jacket around her a little tighter.
"Freezing, did we have to meet outside? You better have the money.." Zed gulped not expecting the usually shy, kind blonde to be so sour. He must've really done a number on her..
Well you knocked her up and basically told her you wanted nothing to do with her or your child.
My child..

"Y-yeah here, I'm sorry I didn't know where else to do this.." He quickly shoved the waded up cash in his hand forward flinching as she snatched it.
"S-so that's it?"
"Yup, thanks Zed." The petite girl started to walk away but the sinking feeling in the pit of his stomach made Zed stop her.
"Hey um here I'll walk you to class.." Savannah gave the jock a look taken back by how nervous he sounded. She only gave him a slight nod, curiosity getting the best of her. They walked in a awkward silence down the trail that led back towards the gym. Finally Zed took a deep breath getting the confidence to ask what had been bothering him.
"Um w-will it feel it?"
"Huh?" It wasn't like him to care, ever but for some reason the guilt had been slowly starting to eat at him.
"Will the baby feel it? Will it be in pain?" Savannah stopped in her tracks abruptly.
"I—I don't— Why does it matter? You don't want it, you don't even care.. You've never cared." She said the last words with such a bite in her tone, Zed sucked in a breath. Tears welled up in his eyes but he wiped them away. So fast Savannah almost missed it, almost.
"I—I just.. Savannah I'm sorry I'm so sorry. I didn't.. I'm sorry for doing this to you. I know you—I know we don't want the baby. I just was hoping it wouldn't be hurt or in pain just because we don't want it.. Because I fucked up.." Zed's voice cracked at the end, a quiet sob escaping his lips. He averted his eyes to ground not daring to look towards the younger girl in front of him, he was beyond embarrassed to be on the verge of a breakdown in front of a stranger.

A stranger who was pregnant with your kid..
Zed squeezed his eyes shut trying to block out his annoying thoughts. He needed to get it together, he needed Millicent. God all he wanted to do was tell her everything.. but he couldn't.

"H-hey Zed, it's okay. It takes two people to have a baby and women have abortions all the time the baby won't feel a thing. I promise." He nodded slowly, her words and the feeling of her soft cold hand intertwining with his made his heart hurt a little less.
"I-if you need anything just um let me know, okay?" Savannah nodded, she was beginning to feel bad as she watched the older boy take a deep breath and wipe his face one more time. She followed his lead when he started walking towards the school again, taking noticeably slower steps just so she could keep up with him.
They got to the gym before Zed broke the silence yet again.
"So when are you doing it?"
"F-friday.. Yeah Friday.. Hey I have to use restroom and my 1st is just around the corner but thanks for walking me this far. Your.. your not a bad guy Zed." She gave him a weak smile before hurrying towards the girls locker room before he could reply. The teen walked a bit more past the gym before he rested his forehead against the tiled wall. He felt the urge to smash his head as hard as he could but he didn't..