Life Goes On

"Zed I'm not pregnant, I never was...I'm so sorry."

"Y-you.. your not?"
"I'm so sorry, it wasn't suppose—-You weren't suppose to want to keep the baby." Tears streamed down Savannah's face and for a second, Zed actually felt bad for the younger girl but it quickly passed. "They just wanted to get back at you and we spilt the money..." The different emotions pain, anger, sadness, relief everything was hitting him so fast and hard. It was too much.
"It really sucks when someone just uses you doesn't it?" The added jab from Stephanie was the last straw, the angry teen stalked past the girls towards the door.

It was undoubtedly terrifying that Zed left so quietly, only the sound of his ragged angry breathing could be heard. That was until he slammed his car door, his shaky hands gripped the steering wheel harder and harder until his knuckles turned white. He jerked the car into drive, haphazardly driving through the streets of Seabrook.

Finally he arrived at his destination, parking the car outside the gate that read No Trespassing. He hopped it, slowly making his way towards the sound of ocean waves crashing against the rocks below. With a shaky breath he brought the vodka bottle to his lips barely acknowledging the burn, he was use to it. During football season he only drank after games and on weekends, off season he smoked a bit, occasionally even took molly or some other low risk party drug.
Alcohol always remained his poison of choice, especially now that he could drown himself in it.

It was dusk, the beach was supposed to be closed. The water after the sunset was like ice, angry glass-like ice. A couple stupid teenagers through out the last couple of years would come out here to party and end up washing onto the shore by next week. Zed shook his head at the thought taking another long sip from the bottle. His phone had finally stopped chiming, he had heard it ringing and chiming with every call and text. He knew it was  probably his girlfriend, worried about him or pissed. She was probably wondering where I am.. Why didn't I just go back to her place?
He always went to Millicent when he was breaking, not this time.
I'm too fucked up.. Zed sourly laughed at the thought. He was naive to think he was making strides towards a better life, a better version of himself.
He had managed to screw three girls over enough for them to want to make his life miserable. Enough that they'd come up with a pregnancy lie, he stressed about that for weeks, he almost ruined everything with Millie....twice... and now that he thought he was actually figuring everything out. He fixed things with Millie, told her the truth, they were deciding if they would go to college together, he wanted to make it right with Savannah and give his child a future that he wasn't capable of..

Except it was all a lie, she wasn't even pregnant.
Millicent would probably end up getting tired of constantly putting up with me and my past..

Zed tilted his head back letting a huge pour of vodka down this throat. The sound of twigs snapping behind him got his attention but he didn't move, his hand tightened around the vodka bottle like a weapon. A pair of green converse caught his eyes making him instantly relax. The ones he bought her, to match his hair as a joke.

"How'd you know?" His voice sounded hoarse, sitting the bottle on the ground before turning to the unexpected guest taking a seat next to him.

"Zoey." Millicent gave her boyfriend a comforting smile as he rolled his eyes. "Of course.."
"Her favorite thing to do is to come here with you in the summer, but she said you stopped here once on your moms birthday and told her you liked coming here when you needed to get away.. Why didn't you tell me?"
"I haven't run away to here in awhile, I usually run to you."
"So why didn't you?" Zed bit his lip, gently shaking his head before he starting crying. The crying turned to full blown sobbing, taking Millicent by surprise. She swallowed the thickness in her throat, throwing her arms around the broken boy as she tried to calm him down. Millie in all the times she's ever see the poor boy break, it was never to this extent not even when he talked to her about his mom.
"Zed come on, tell me what happened please?"