Chapter 45

"Wait, what did you just say?" Sara asked, hoping desperately that she'd misheard what Constantine had just said about what he'd learned in Hell.

"I wish I could say otherwise love, but Hell's rulers, the Triumvirate, confirmed it themselves. While we already suspected it due to Charlie's mind being intact, it appears that all the creatures that were imprisoned with her were not affected by the crisis, which means that Mallus is fully aware of how you defeated him last time and he's not the only one." Constantine said.

"Neron." Ray said and Constantine nodded.

"Along with the witch Tabitha." Constantine said.

"Great, like Mallus wasn't a big enough problem already." Ava said.

"I'm afraid that's not the worst of it." John said.

"What could be worse?" Nate asked.

"You should really know better than to ask that mate. It appears that due to their retained memories, Mallus and Neron have formed an alliance to get their revenge on us and their deal is that Neron will get Hell and Mallus will get Earth." Constantine said.

"And how did you get the rulers of Hell to tell you this?" Nora asked.

"Because the last time they betrayed me, they lost everything. They're not going to let Neron usurp their thrones again." Constantine said.

"Got it. And what about Astra?" Nora asked and Constantine sighed.

"I didn't have time to check on her, since it took a majority of the time on the sigil for me to get a meeting with the triumvirate." Constantine said.

"Well, this complicates things." Sara said.

"Yeah, so what's the plan captain?" Nate asked.

"We take back the fire totem, since at least that will make killing Mallus and Neron slightly less impossible and John, we've been waiting for you to get back so that way you can find it the same way you found the Death totem after Mallus possessed me." Sara said and Constantine nodded.

"Speaking of which, I think there might be another asset that we've been overlooking that could help us in our fight." Constantine said.

"What might that be?" Sara asked.

"You love. I've said it before and I'll say it again, you have the potential to wield very powerful magic. I mean the same level of magic that Mallus possesses. Isn't that right Nora?" Constantine asked and Nora nodded.

"It's true. That's why Mallus wanted you to join him Sara. He knew that you possessed a huge potential for magic and he wanted that power for himself." Nora said.

"I'm sure you guys are exaggerating." Sara said.

"No we're not. Sara, that tattoo I gave you gives you access to far greater magic than just resisting that of Khushu idol and honestly, I'm kind of surprised you've never tried tapping into it. I mean honestly Sara, considering the life you've lived, it's like you were born for magic. I mean, you've got death in your blood, you have experience with the lazarus pit, you're the only person who's ever been deemed truly worthy of the power of the spear of destiny, you've been possessed by a demon, you've conquered your own demons, you've mastered death totem and now you're the paragon of destiny, one of the crucial factors of the creation of the universe." Constantine said.

"I don't need magic." Sara said.

"Actually, it couldn't hurt. After all, if Mallus and Neron remember everything we do, then we should throw something at them that they've never seen before. Like you with magic." Ava said to her girlfriend.

"I'll think about it. But first, I think we should focus on completing our totem collection." Sara said and they all nodded in agreement as they began making plans.