Chapter 39

After Snart and Charlie arrived in Detroit, they began to put their plan into action. Since Snart was a renowned thief, even if his criminal record, along with the records of both Mick and Lisa, had been expunged by Lyla at Argus, as part of their agreement to test Argus security, which Lisa was now doing as a legitimate career instead of being a robber and Snart was honestly happy about that, since it meant that while his sister was still having her fun as Golden Glider, she wasn't technically doing anything illegal, since she'd been hired by the government to try and break in, so it meant that like him, she was trying to have a clean slate. Or as close to a clean slate as Snarts get and it also meant that she'd have Argus level protection from their father and Barry had also promised Snart that he'd keep an eye out for him, which made Snart feel a little better. Anyways, they'd decided that due to Snart's status as an ex-thief, that it would be best for him to stay away from the museum until they were ready to actually execute the heist, that Charlie would be the one to visit the museum first to give them a better idea of what they were dealing with, while he established a base of operations, likely in a motel room, which was where he was right now, right as Charlie entered the room.

"I don't like the look on your face right now. What happened?" Snart asked.

"What happened is that we got beat. Someone else stole the fire totem last night." Charlie said.

"I hate when someone else steals what I want to steal. Do you have any clues on who stole it?" Snart asked.

"Nope. Main reason I came back is because I need to know who to shapeshift into in order to get access to the security footage." Charlie said and Snart nodded.

"In my experience as both a thief and a Legend, the higher up you go, the better. Let me make a call. I think I know someone who can help us." Snart said as he pulled out his phone and called Lyla.

"Snart, I was not expecting this call." Lyla said.

"Well, I cannot believe I'm saying this, but I could use some federal help." Snart said.

"What do you mean?" Lyla asked.

"Since I know you're friends with Barry Allen and Sara Lance, I'm assuming you're aware of the totems of Zambezi?" Snart asked.

"I am, why?" Lyla asked.

"The Legends are tracking them down and the fire totem was stolen from the Detroit Museum. We need a way to get access to the surveillance cameras so we can see who stole it." Snart said.

"I'll send your sister to help you out. It'll help that she actually has real Argus clearance now." Lyla said.

"Thanks." Snart said.

"Well?" Charlie asked.

"I just talked to one of Sara's friends Lyla who's sending us some help." Snart said, right as there was a large flash of light and suddenly, both Lyla and Lisa were standing in the room.

"How did you?" Charlie asked.

"Gift from the Green Arrow. Long story. Anyways, I've brought your sister up to speed on everything and she's willing to help." Lyla said as she disappeared.

"Hi Lenny." Lisa said as she hugged her brother, though Snart couldn't help but notice how tight it was.

"Is everything alright sis?" Snart asked.

"Cisco paid me a visit after I started working at Argus." Lisa said.

"And he restored your memories." Snart said, making a mental note to smack the geek next time he saw him, which would likely be at Barry's wedding, which he still couldn't believe that he and Mick had been invited to.

"He did. Though I was disappointed to find out that he's dating that Caitlin girl." Lisa said.

"Okay, moving on." Charlie said.

"Right, Lisa, this is Charlie, she's my partner on this job since Mick is working on a different job." Snart said.

"Mick and I kept in touch after you died. I know about him." Lisa said and Charlie could figure out that she likely knew about Rebecca Silver too. She was now looking forward to enjoying watching Mick bend over backwards to keep Lisa from telling her brother about it.

"So you're trying to find out who stole the item you wanted to steal. Which I can do." Lisa said.

"If only dad could see us now. Both of his kids are working with the good guys and his daughter is an actual government stooge." Snart said.

"At least I can get to dress how I want to. One of the conditions I insisted upon in my contract." Lisa said.

"Of course you would. Well then, Ms. Government Agent, care to use that badge to help us out?" Charlie asked.

"Let's get to work, but I think this is a girl's mission. No need to get Lenny flagged." Lisa said and both Charlie and Snart nodded in agreement.