Chapter 40

"So, how frequently have you been in a police precinct?" Charlie asked Lisa as they entered the Detroit PD precinct, since that seemed like a better place to start than the museum if they were going to pass this off an official Argus investigation.

"At least once a month back in the day. But this is the first time I've entered a precinct without being under arrest. You?" Lisa asked and Charlie chuckled.

"Lost track." Charlie said and Lisa laughed.

"We're going to be great friends." Lisa said.

"Yeah, in the brief time we're here." Charlie said.

"Actually, I have to admit, this gig with Argus is getting kind of old. From the stories Mick's told me, it sounds like your crew has a lot more fun." Lisa said.

"You want to be a Legend?" Charlie asked.

"Kind of insulted I wasn't recruited the first time around. Plus, I'd like to be able to keep a closer eye on my brother, since the last time I let him out of my sight, I found Sara Lance on my doorstep six months later telling me my brother, the only family I have ever been able to count on in my life, died and I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye." Lisa said.

"Come back to the ship with us when this is done then and make a case to Sara to let you stay. And word of advice, I'd recommend using blackmailing Mick about Rebecca Silver to help make your argument." Charlie said and Lisa laughed.

"I am so going to enjoy holding that over Mick's head, since I still can't believe he had the guts to reveal that." Lisa laughed as they finally found the captain.

"Excuse me, but what do you two think you're doing here?" the captain asked, only to pause when Lisa held out her badge.

"My name is Agent Lisa Snart, I work for Argus, this is my partner, Agent." Lisa said.

"Fate. Charlie Fate." Charlie said.

"Right." Lisa said.

"What brings our friends from feds here?" the captain asked.

"We're here regarding the breakin a the Detroit Museum." Lisa said.

"And how is that any of the feds business?" the captain asked.

"Because the artifact that was stolen was a sacred object to the people of the African Nation of Zambezi. The fire totem. And the US government would like to get this resolved before Zambezi's government discovers this, since this could cause an international incident." Lisa said and took great pleasure at watching the cop squirm at her.

"Of course, how can we be of service?" the captain asked.

"I need access to all the information you have regarding this case, especially surveillance camera footage. Send everything to this email address, my partner and I are going to go pay a visit to the museum and see if we can gather any more information about the perp." Lisa said as she handed the cop an email address.

"Of course. Anything for our friends in the bureau." the captain said.

"We'll be in touch." Lisa said as she and Charlie walked out.

"Fate, interesting choice of name." Lisa said to Charlie.

"Magical creatures don't normally have last names and besides, I like it. Charlie Fate. Sounds cool." Charlie said and Lisa rolled her eyes.

"Anyways, let's head to the museum. Lenny is monitoring the email address that I gave the captain, so he'll be able to go over anything that's sent to him, while we head to the museum." Lisa said.

"Lenny?" Charlie asked.

"Only I can call my brother that. Last time Mick tried to, Lenny, he chucked him through a window." Lisa said, chuckling at the memory.

"Sounds like fun." Charlie said.

"It was. I have to admit, while he may drive me crazy sometimes, at the same time, he's still my brother." Lisa said.

"It must be nice to have a sibling who loves you in some form." Charlie said.

"I know you're a magical creature, but do you have any siblings?" Lisa asked and Charlie sighed.

"Two actually. Sisters." Charlie said.

"Older or younger?" Lisa asked.

"Older. I was the last one born." Charlie said.

"That sucks, being the youngest sibling. Though I have to admit, Lenny wasn't too bad. He did his best to protect me from our dad." Lisa said.

"Yeah well, my sisters were terrible. They constantly mocked me, made me feel small." Charlie said and Lisa sighed.

"Sounds like you don't want to know where they are?" Lisa asked.

"I love them, but it's clear that they don't return the favor and honestly, everyone's better off if they think I'm still trapped in that prison." Charlie said.

"Okay, sounds like you have some serious issues with your sisters." Lisa said.

"You have no idea." Charlie said as they headed towards the museum.