Chapter 20

In 1958, Savage was drawn from his ritual when he noticed his bird minions were losing and saw two men, both with futuristic guns in their hands shooting beams of what looked like fire and ice at them.

"Who are you?" Savage demanded.

"The ones who are going to kill you." Mick said he aimed his gun at Savage, only for them both to have to doge as Savage tossed knives at them.

"This is just as fun as the last time." Mick said eagerly as he got up and moved to actually punch Savage, knocking him back from the meteorite.

"You can't kill me. I'm immortal." Savage snarled as Snart tossed Mick back his gun.

"Guess you haven't heard the news." Rory said as they both blasted Savage with their guns, deciding that for once they could use the crossing of streams issue to their advantage.

"You really think this will hurt me?" Savage asked, right before the streams of the blasts crossed and triggered an explosion that knocked all three of them back, but since Savage was at the epicenter of the blast, it actually killed him and before he died, he could actually tell that things were different this time. He was actually dying.

"That was just as satisfying as the last time." Mick said with a grin.

"I hate to spoil your mood, but you're the one who knows how to use this thing." Snart said as he tossed the time courier to Mick who nodded and pointed it at the about to detonate meteorite and opened a portal to the vanishing point underneath it, causing it to fall through and the portal closed right as the meteorite detonated.

"Let's get back to the ship to confirm it worked." Mick said and Snart nodded as Mick opened another portal, this one to the Waverider, which they walked through.

In 1975, Savage decided that since the ritual was already in place, he might as well deal with these interlopers himself.

"You're too late to stop me." Savage said.

"I can't believe I was friends with you in Hell." Ray said as he blasted Savage backwards.

"You really think that you can kill me?" Savage demanded, only to find himself on the receiving end of a steel punch.

"We won't know if we don't try." Nate said as Zari air blasted Savage back as she and Ray landed.

"I'm immortal you idiots. You can't stop me." Savage said, only to have Zari trap him in a cocoon of air.

"Something tells me immortality won't save you from this." Zari said as she used the air totem to literally suck the air right out of Savage's lungs and essentially suffocated him as they watched him die.

"What did I do?" Zari asked as she released the corpse from the cocoon.

"You saved the world Z." Nate said, making a note to have Sara talk to Zari about this later.

"Speaking of, the meteor's about to go critical." Zari said.

"I'm on it." Ray said as he fired his shrink ray on the meteor to shrink it down to microscopic size, so that when it blew, it just released a small puff of smoke.

"Let's get back to the ship." Nate said as they headed towards the jumpship.

Finally, in 2021, Rip, Sara and Ava were fighting their way through Savage's shock troopers.

"Hello Ghareeb, I should've known you'd try to stop me. But you really think that you can kill me?" Savage asked, only to have to narrowly dodge as Rip shot him with his revolver.

"Let's find out." Rip said as the two once again engaged in a battle, both of them aiming to kill the other as Sara and Ava made quick work out of Savage's shock troopers.

Savage pulled out the amon dagger, preparing to end his nemesis once and for all, only to have to drop it when a throwing star hit his hand and Rip moved quickly to pick the dagger up as Savage looked at Sara and Ava.

"And who might you be?" Savage asked.

"People who want to kill you." Sara said.

"You can't kill me! I'm immortal!" Savage shouted, only for Rip to stab him in the back.

"Not anymore." Rip said as he pulled the dagger out and spun Savage around to then shove the dagger into his chest.

"You can feel it can't you. Things are different this time. You're mortal." Rip said, enjoying this just as much as he had the last time, perhaps even more since this time, he had managed to save his family.

"You did it. You beat me Ghareeb." Savage said.

"My name is Rip Hunter. And you will never threaten my family again." Rip growled as he shoved Savage into a power grid.

"Behrad, you're up." Sara said over the comms as the Waverider appeared.

"I'm on it. Be back in a few." Behrad said as he used the ship's tractor beam to grab the meteorite and flew off.

A few minutes later, it time jumped back.

"Well?" Sara asked.

"It's done. I tossed the meteor into the sun." Behrad said.

"Then Savage really is history." Sara said and Rip nodded.

"Let's bring the team back together." Rip said and Sara and Ava both nodded as they headed back towards the now landing ship.