Chapter 15

When Behrad returned home, he took a deep breath as he prepared himself to tell his parents the lie Mick and Snart had helped him come up with about where he was going to cover his absence while he was with the Legends while Snart snuck in and stole the air totem for him and Zari to share, though honestly, he had a feeling that Zari would be using it more than he would.

Anyways, when he entered the house, he found his mama waiting for him.

"Behrad, what a wonderful surprise." his mother said as she hugged him, which he returned.

"Hi mama. Is baba here?" Behrad asked.

"Yes, why?" Mrs. Tarazi asked.

"I have something that I need to talk to both of you about." Behrad said and his mother nodded as she led him into the living room, where his father was already waiting for them.

"Behrad, what a nice surprise." Mr. Tarazi said as he hugged his son.

"Hi baba. There's something I need to talk about with both of you." Behrad said.

"Okay, what is it?" Baba asked.

"I'm dropping out of school." Behrad said and his parents' reaction was as he predicted.

"Absolutely not." his mother said.

"Mama, please, just let me finish." Behrad said.

"Okay then, please explain why you want to drop out of school." Baba said.

"I got offered a really great job." Behrad said and he could tell that his parents were starting to calm down.

"Really, what sort of job?" Mama asked.

"It's sort of a jack of all trades kind of job. I get to travel all over the world, meet all sorts of interesting people and the company pays for all my expenses, food, clothing, living arrangements, everything." Behrad said.

"Okay, I'm starting to understand why you'd want to ditch school for this position, since it sounds like a very good opportunity. Are you sure that it's everything they're offering?" his father asked.

"Yes I have and it's everything they promised. It offers the exact kind of excitement I've been looking for in my life. It's the sort of job where you can't visit me, simply because I won't have a permanent address, but I will be able to visit you on occasion." Behrad said.

"Well, if you're sure that this is what you want, then we'll support you." his mother said and Behrad smiled.

"It is. But is Zari home? I want to tell her myself." Behrad said.

"No, but she should be here soon. Granted even if she does show up, I doubt she'd even notice anyone else here." Nasreen said as they heard the door open and Zari entered the house.

"Mama, Baba, I'm here." Zari called out.

"We're in the living room dear. Your brother's here as well." Nasreen called out as Zari entered the room.

"What are you doing here?" Zari asked.

"I'd rather tell you in private. Mama and baba already know, but I don't want them to have to deal with your reaction as well." Behrad said and Zari nodded, wondering how bad whatever it was he was doing was.

After he pulled her up to his room, Zari was about to question Behrad about what was going on before he pulled out and fired the memory gun at her.

"Damn it Behrad. Did you really have to shoot me?" Zari demanded.

"Yeah, sorry about that, but did it work?" Behrad asked as Zari got her bearings.

"Yeah it worked and I am so happy to see you." Zari said as she hugged her brother tightly.

"Yeah, I definitely like this version of you more than the old you from this universe." Behrad said and Zari groaned.

"I can't believe that I became this." Zari said as she gestured down at herself, honestly disgusted that she'd become such a self absorbed and self centered brat after Heyworld was created. She couldn't believe that instead of looking after other people, she'd become obsessed with wearing designer clothes and how many followers she had on social media. However, she didn't mind the fact that she was rich.

"Tell me about it. But anyways, are coming back to the Waverider?" Behrad asked.

"I'll need a little time to get affairs in order for my company, but yes, I am." Zari said.

"Great. The Legends still have one more recruitment job to make in this time period, so we can pick you up after if that's what's best for you." Behrad said.

"Yeah, I think that would work best. It will also give me time to come up with a cover for where I'm going to be." Zari said.

"Great. See you soon sis." Behrad said with a smile, honestly looking forward to working with this version of Zari. The version he was proud to call his sister.