Chapter 25

"So what's going on?" Ray asked as he and the rest of the Legends gathered on the bridge.

"Good news bad news. Bad news is that Zari is currently in coma, since the two different versions of her are fighting it out for control of her body." Sara said.

"Okay so what's the good news?" Nate asked.

"The good news is that we already know of a way to save Zari. The spear of destiny." Sara said.

"You want to use the spear to erase Zari's other personality?" Rip asked.

"No, I want to use it to give both versions of Zari their own bodies and lives, since technically, the old Zari was a real person, our Zari just sort of hijacked her body when we restored her." Sara said.

"Okay then, so we use the spear to split them and then what?" Rip asked.

"Then I depower it just like I did before." Sara said and they all nodded.

"Okay so Rip, where are the pieces of the spear in this reality, I'm assuming you time scattered them again in this reality?" Ray asked and Rip nodded.

"I broke the spear into five pieces, one of which is one this ship and another that is in possession of an old friend." Rip said.

"Amaya." Nate said and Rip nodded.

"Since we never pulled her from the timeline, she was still a part of the JSA after the war and thus she and Hourman joined Dr. Midnite and Commander Steel on the mission to recover the spear." Rip said.

"What about Stargirl?" Ray asked.

"One of the changes in this reality is that there is no record of Stargirl in the 20th century. It's possible that she'll emerge later on, but I didn't look much further into it." Rip said.

"Okay then, so where are each of the fragments?" Sara asked.

"I left Ms. Jiwe in her native time period, since it was too risky to remove her from it, Commander Steel and Dr. Midnite are both in the same time periods I left them in before and Hourman is in the 90s." Rip said.

"Really." Sara said.

"Yes in fact, it's my understanding that he formed a new Justice Society to help protect his spear fragment." Rip said.

"Of course he did. Okay then, let's head to Zambezi, 1957, since Amaya will likely be the easiest person to convince to help, once we restore her memories, but we will need to make it clear that this is a one time thing." Sara said and Rip nodded.

"You already know where my fragment is." Rip said, gesturing to the parlor and Sara nodded.

"We'll leave it there until we find the other pieces. Speaking of which, Gideon, plot a course for the M'Changa province of Zambezi, 1957." Sara said.

"Right away Captain." Gideon said.

"Nate, why don't you and Constantine go keep an eye on Zari." Sara said.

"What, you don't trust me to be in Zambezi?" Nate asked.

"It's not that, it's just, it was hard enough for you and Amaya to go your separate ways the last time and honestly, I can't risk her sneaking on board the ship again. The only reason I'm restoring her memories in the first place is so that we can get her piece of the spear without a fight." Sara said and Nate nodded in understanding.

"I'll keep an eye on Zari, let you know if something changes." Nate said and Sara nodded as they all took their seats and Sara hit the throttle to execute to the time jump.