Chapter 13

After Sara had been brought back to the Waverider, Rip, against his better judgement, allowed her to use her memory gun to restore Miranda's memories of the old earth, which resulted in Rip receiving the verbal lashing of his life and the promise of having to sleep in the study for the foreseeable future, especially after Miranda heard about the way Rip had treated Gideon when the Time Bureau took possession of the Waverider, though Rip will admit he had that coming.

Anyways, after restoring Miranda's memories, Sara learned that the memory gun would have the same effect on Gideon's memory core, since apparently Gideon's operating system had been patterned after the human brain, which, now that Sara thought about it, explained a lot of Gideon's behavior and why she appeared to have an actual personality as opposed to just being a mindless computer.

Anyways, after the memory restorations were complete, Sara and Rip began recruiting the rest of the legends in the present. First they picked up Nate and Ray, since Ray could just use the fabricator to rebuild his exo suit, then Snart and Rory and then finally, Constantine.

"Still can't believe you lot got me to agree to join you on this quest." Constantine said.

"Oh please, don't act like you're upset about it." Sara said, rolling her eyes.

"I just have one request." Constantine said.

"Name it." Rip said.

"One of those time courier things. There are certain aspects of my abilities that I cannot perform on this ship, but I can courier between it and another location, then we'd have full access to everything we need to deal with any magical threats." Constantine said.

"Depends on what this location is." Rip said.

"My childhood house." Constantine said.

"Not a bad idea actually. Considering the limited space we have here and your ability to make everyone around you want to hurt in some way," Sara said, trailing off affectionately for a minute, to which even Constantine smiled at that, "It might not be a bad idea if you operated from an offsite location. Plus, it couldn't hurt to have a place to store dangerous mystical artifacts some place no one will find them." Sara said.

"Unfortunately time couriers have not yet been invented by the time bureau." Rip said.

"Well, I can build one. I already know how they work, so I can make one for John and if it's okay with him, I might be able to rig the place with a temporal communicator." Ray said, looking at Constantine.

"Just this once. No other fancy gadgets." Constantine said.

"Deal." Ray agreed.

"Okay, so now that we've got everyone from this time period, where do we go next?" Nate asked.

"We have two more stops to make. The first one being 2040." Sara said.

"Recruiting Behrad and Zari." Nate said, perking up at that.

"And also Nora. From what Ray said, the Nora who joined the team was from 2039, so an extra year wouldn't make a difference." Sara said and they all nodded.

"And will our final stop be?" Rip asked.

"I'll give you one guess." Sara said.

"2213." Rip said.

"Ava." Ray said.

"She will be the only clone involved in this, since while she may have been a clone, she is one of a kind." Sara said.

"I'm just curious, but would that gun give Ava's memories to any clone, or would it even work on an Ava." Ray asked.

"That is a good point Sara. Due to Ava's background, it would be hard to get her exact counterpart on this earth." Rip said.

"I believe that it will work on her." Sara said.

"Well, while you lot are busy doing that, I'll be at my humble abode, recruiting the last member of this merry band." Constantine said.

"Who?" Rip asked, but Sara caught on.

"Charlie." Sara said.

"Indeed. Right now, she's likely still locked up in the same prison as Mallus, so I'm gonna go bust her out." Constantine said.

"Maybe you should just let everyone in that prison out." Sara said.

"Why would I do that?" Constantine asked.

"Because a majority of those creatures don't deserve to be locked up. The only ones that should stay there are Mallus, Neron, Tabitha and the Unicorn. The rest of them aren't dangerous, just misunderstood." Sara said.

"Maybe, but I can't just release those creatures without giving them a place to go and that takes time." Constantine said.

"Not if you steal Brigid's Diary." Sara said and Constantine nodded.

"It couldn't hurt to have that kind of power here as well. Okay then, I'll summon Charlie from the prison and then she can help me locate the diary." Constantine agreed.

"Great. We'll drop you off at the house before we time jump." Sara said and Constantine nodded his agreement, all of them satisfied that they now had a plan.