Chapter 17

"So, how exactly are we going to go about restoring Ava's memories? Last time I checked, we'd need her actual doppelganger to restore her memories and considering how many Ava clones there are in this time period, that could take time that we don't have." Nate said.

"I don't care as we have to abduct, restore then erase the memories of every Ava clone in 2213, I am not giving up until I get her back." Sara said.

"Sara, if you insist on doing that, then we might as well deal with Savage first, since what you're suggesting will take time. More time than we have, since we already know what Savage is going to do now that he no longer reports to the Time Masters. We don't have the time needed to search for her right now." Rip said.

"I am not leaving without her." Sara said.

"Sara, we will come back, I promise, but right now the mission." Rip said.

"I know Rip, but how is it fair? You get your wife back, Ray gets Nora back, hell even Nate found a way to get Zari back. But now you're telling me that I can't take some extra time to find Ava?" Sara asked as Rip took a deep breath, since he could see where Sara was coming from, since the desperation he saw in her eyes, it was the same desperation he'd seen in his own when he'd first started this whole quest before.

"I am not saying that we are not going to get Ava back, because we will. I am just saying that if we do not stop Savage from enacting his plan and soon, then there will be no Ava left to find." Rip said gently and he could see tears in her eyes as she nodded.

"I know you're right, but that doesn't make it any easier to accept." Sara said.

"I know. Believe me Sara, no one understands that better than me. And I promise you that we will find a way to find your Ava. Just not yet." Rip said, honestly hating himself for saying the words, but he knew that since they had no way of locating the true Ava, locating her counterpart among the hundreds of clones in 2213 would be impossible.

"Perhaps I can be of assistance." a new voice said and Sara whirled around to see Mar Novu standing on the bridge of the ship.

"What are you doing here? Need to commandeer the ship to stop another crisis you created?" Sara asked angrily.

"No, actually, I am here to bring you a reward for your actions during the crisis." Novu said.

"What reward?" Sara asked as Novu waved his hand and suddenly, there was a flash of light on the bridge and when it faded, Sara couldn't believe what she was seeing.

"Is that?" Ray asked.

"Yeah Ray, it's me." Ava Sharpe said as Sara rushed up to her and hugged her tightly.

"How?" Sara asked as she looked at Mar Novu.

"I had a suspicion that tracking down Ms. Sharpe and making her aware of the truth would be difficult for your team, so, just as I did for the book of destiny, I went back into the timestream and managed to pull Ms. Sharpe from the timeline shortly before she was killed by the antimatter wave and brought her here." Novu said.

"Why did you wait until now to bring her here?" Sara asked.

"I could not simply insert Ms. Sharpe into the timeline at some random point. I had to wait until you arrived at her time period of origin to send her here to try and maintain her timeline as much as possible." Novu explained and Sara nodded.

"I can't believe I'm saying this to you, but thank you. For giving her back to me." Sara said and Novu smiled.

"Do not tell the other paragons of this. I only did this because my assistance was necessary to give you the reward you earned. The others have already received their rewards." Novu said.

"What do you mean?" Sara asked.

"They have each been reunited with those they have lost. Now so have you." Novu said and Sara nodded.

"Please tell me this is the last time I'll be seeing you." Sara said.

"I am hopeful that is the case, however, I am still investigating to ensure that Mobius is gone, but so far, I am hopeful." Novu said and Sara nodded as they all averted their eyes as he disappeared.

"So, now that the team is back together, what do we do now?" Ava asked.

"We save the world. But first." Sara said with a smile as she kissed her girlfriend passionately, since she honestly hadn't been sure if she'd ever be able to do that again, but she was. And she couldn't be happier about it.