Chapter 23

After she drank the Lyoga root tea, Zari let Wally guide her through meditation as she entered the spiritual plane.

"Hello, is anyone here?" Zari called out.

"Who are you?" a high pitched, yet familiar, voice said and Zari turned to see another her, though this one had lighter brown hair and was wearing much fancier clothes and she realized who this must be.

"I'm you. Zari." Zari said.

"What are you talking about? All I know is that one minute I was talking to Behrad and then the next minute, I find myself in here with no bars and literally nothing to do in whatever this place is." the other Zari said.

"That's because you're inside the air totem." Zari said.

"I'm sorry what?" New Zari asked.

"When Behrad restored my memories and essentially, my existence, it must've thrown you into the air totem." Zari realized.

"Wait, so you're me?" New Zari asked.

"Well, kind of. If you'd grown up in dystopian Seattle. But it looks like when my memories were restored, it caused us to switch places. I got the body in the real world and you were thrown in here." Zari said.

"So wait, you're possessing my body?" New Zari asked.

"More like I took it back from you, since it was my body first." Zari said.

"I don't care, I want it back. I'm tired of being stuck in this thing." New Zari said.

"Sorry, I'm kind of using it." Zari said.

"Then I'll take it back." New Zari said and Zari chuckled at that.

"You really think that you can beat me?" Zari asked, right as she felt another headache come on, but this time, both Zaris felt it and they both fell to the ground.

"What's going on?" New Zari groaned.

"Both of us existing in the same place at the same time, it must be causing some sort of disturbance in the timeline and it was only amplified when I came in here." Zari said.

"So what you're saying is that only one of us can survive?" New Zari said.

"I guess." Zari said, right as she began to leave the totem, but not before New Zari grabbed onto her and they both disappeared from the totem.

While Zari was on her totem quest, Wally decided to use this time to try and reconnect with the speed force, since he'd learned how to project his consciousness into the speed force before the multiverse had ended and now he just had to hope that he could still do it, even though he was no longer connected to it.

He had his eyes closed and he was meditating, trying to project his consciousness into the speed force until he heard it's voice.

"Hello Wally." the voice said and Wally opened his eyes and saw he was no longer in the Waverider's library, but he was in a lightning storm.

"I did it, I'm in the speed force." Wally said with a grin.

"Not exactly." the force said and Wally turned to see it had taken the physical form of himself.

"Hello Wally. We've been wondering when you would attempt to connect with us." the speed force said.

"Don't you mean reconnect? Why do you look like me? Normally you're just a disembodied voice." Wally asked.

"Things have changed. We are not the same speed force you were once connected to. Not exactly." the speed force said.

"What do you mean?" Wally asked.

"The original speed force was corrupted and began dying due to Barry Allen's actions during Crisis. He was able to find a way to create a new one, though we do still possess the consciousness of our predecessor." the speed force said.

"Why do you look like me?" Wally asked.

"Because Wally, I am what you were hoping to find when you came here." the speed force said as it's appearance shifted slightly so that now it was him, dressed as Kid Flash.

"You're my speed." Wally said and the speed force nodded as it held out it's hand to him.

"It's time we are reunited Wally." the speed force said.

"Huh, I thought you'd want to test me or something." Wally said.

"You have no lesson to learn." The speed force explained and Wally nodded as he took the speed force's hand and suddenly, he found himself back on the Waverider, but now he felt the lightning coursing through him and he grinned as he could tell his speed had returned. He turned to Zari, eager to show her, only for his joy to fade when he watched her fall backwards and when he checked, he found her pulse was growing weaker.

"Gideon, tell Sara to meet me in the medbay, there's something wrong with Zari." Wally said as he picked Zari up and sped out of the room towards the medbay.