8: NEW LIFE AND - FEELING?

"What's with you? Are you back to your old self now?"

It's been almost 15 minutes and Hyejung kept on playing with her spoon instead of eating her food. Her mind was so occupied by what Yunho had told her. She didn't want to admit it in front of him that what he said did affect her feelings a bit.

New life. She scoffed.

"If you don't want to eat, can I have that sausage." Nara was about to reach the untouched sausage when Hyejung suddenly slammed the spoon down on the table, causing the former to flinch. "Fine, I won't take it."

Hyejung smirked.

"What's with you?" Yeji frowned.

"Fine. If that's what you want." Why would I care if he never cared in the first place. New life? Youth? "Let's do that!"

"Do what?" Yeji asked in frustration. "What the devil is wrong with you?"

Hyejung darted her gaze towards both her friends. "We'll do everything that young people do. Dating, partying, what else?" She had long forgotten how to enjoy herself. "Oh yeah, should we go shopping too? What's the trendiest clothes and hairstyles?"

Nara looked at her in disbelief. "Is there an old woman living in your body? Are you seriously asking what's the trendiest when you're always the one who wears those." She looked at her friend up and down.

Hyejung peered down at her clothes — she's wearing a pleated skirt and a short sleeve t-shirt which she tucked inside her skirt — Hyejung didn't know if it's the trendiest; she just picked up whatever clothes that she had in her wardrobe.

A chuckle left her lips. "Right. Then, should we go to the club and have fun?"

"You're not a fan of night clubs," Yeji deadpanned.

"I didn't drink at all? Oh dear, what have I done with my youth?"

"You did but we usually drink at our dorm— " Yeji mentioned her and Nara's shared room. "or at restaurants. Did you lose your memories too?"

Hyejung smiled and opened her mouth to explain to her friends the truth but she stopped. "You lot wouldn't believe me if I told you the truth."

Who in the world would believe that she had travelled back the time and became 20 years old again; her friends would think she's insane and laughed it off.

"About what?" Yeji asked.

"Do you guys want to know?" Hyejung casted a glance at her friends. When they didn't respond and only stared at her, she continued, "I'm not the Hyejung you guys knew. This is not me."

"Uh, we both realise you're not being yourself," Nara responded.

"That's because I came from the future."

Yeji and Nara's jaws dropped as they looked at Hyejung with perplexed eyes. Soon, their perplex dwindled into amusement and both women peeled into laughter. "Nara, is it April Fool all over again?" Yeji said in between her laughter and wiped the tears at the corner of her eyes.

"Maybe she's still drunk from yesterday," Nara replied.

"That's why I said you guys won't believe me if I told you the truth," Hyejung deadpanned and rolled her eyes.

~

Wooyoung's high pitch laughter filled the room and he held his stomach with one hand while the other kept on banging the table in front of him.

Seonghwa too couldn't hold it in and burst into laughter when Yunho explained to them that he had travelled from the future causing the latter to frown as he expected Seonghwa to at least believe him.