Chapter 20

Aizawa's POV

We've all sat down on the picnic bench cause apparently there is something Midoriya needs to tell me about his quirk. I'm assuming this is something he wants the whole faculty to know if it's as serious as he's letting on. He looks nervous and unsure before he finally say quickly, "My quirk is from All Might." I'm confused for a moment and wondering for a moment if he's trying to pull some sort of joke. I realize he isn't one to joke around when it comes to anything to do with quirks so I simply tell him to elaborate. He clears his throat a bit more confident now that I hadn't completely shut down the whole idea of what this entails.

He tells the whole story of the quirk known as 'One for All' and ends with how he received it from All Might the day of the entrance exam. Well that explains why he broke both his legs and an arm during the entrance exam. And why he can barely control this quirk. He eyes move between me and Hizashi waiting for some sort of response. Eventually Hizashi breaks and starts talking about how awesome and cool this was and how it was unheard of. I simply try to think over the reason why All Might would fail his prodigy by sending him into a hardcore hero course expecting him to be fine just because he has his quirk.

"Midoriya." He looks at me as I speak. "If what your saying is true, and I have no reason to believe otherwise, then I will have to have a talk with All Might as well as the rest of the faculty to see if extra lessons might be needed to get you up to speed with the rest of the class in terms of quirk usage." Midoriya smiles and nods. He seemed completely ready for that answer and I feel a little proud that he puts his trust in me enough to let me know about his quirk. "I believe I have some old lesson plans from when Y/n first starting training his quirk so I'd just have to revise it a little to make sense for your quirk. That being said, are you entirely sure that One for All is just one power. By the description you gave, the quirks of those who passed it on should pass with it right? I mean All Might might've only used the incredible strength but I guess it's just food for thought. I'm sure working with just the strength part is more than enough of a challenge." Midoriya looks like he's had an epiphany. But he still nods at my last statement. Considering he destroyed his body with his one power, another one would be too much to handle.

I glance over at Y/n who looks a little bored of this conversation. I smile a little before getting up from the bench. "Since you're here, Midoriya, we have an even number. Who's up for some sparring?" I'd figure it'd be more fair to just let Y/n and Midoriya spar first and both Hizashi and I could critique their performance. It wasn't surprising that Midoriya was slow and left many openings. He might have muscle and brains but when fighting, instincts and training are superior. Y/n won after two minutes, it was blatantly clear that he was holding back on his brother and I'm sure Midoriya could tell as well which made him even more frustrated with himself.

"Alright let's switch things up. Y/n you're with him." I say as I gesture at Hizashi. "Midoriya you're with me." I could see the anticipation for a fight against a teacher written all over his face. "Just to be clear I'm not going to hold back. And neither should you. I'll critique you as we go." This of course means striking at an opening and then saying he has an opening because of his stance. I back off and get into a stance with few openings and I watch as he analyzes everything before shifting into a similar position. I make a feint left which he doesn't fall for so I change it into a small hit which causes a reaction leaving his right open.

"Always have a counter strike or parry for any move and opponent makes. Always try to be on the offensive rather than defensive with your moves or you'll never win. Don't let them have any openings and if you leave an opening use it as bait. If an opponent thinks you're weak on one side they'll aim for it and if you're ready then you can effectively counter and strike back. Most of time openings are most commonly found when one is making an attack." I spout off information for basic hand-to-hand as we continue to fight. Very quickly Midoriya is on the ground unable to get up. I guess hitting pressure points usually does leave a person unable to do much. He'll learn eventually what those are too, especially if I hit them enough.