Chapter 26

~Timeskip to the day of the sports festival~

Y/n's POV

Surprisingly I didn't even have to ask to compete today like I thought I would. Dad's been holding back on the smothering this past week and for that I am really grateful because it means that everyone else treated me like normal. I arrive at school early and tons of stands are being set up on campus and quite a few newer pro heroes are getting security badges at the front.

I decided to check out what all happens during these big festivals so I wasn't with Aizawa or Yamada since they had to get ready themselves. I didn't feel like putting on my uniform this morning since we'd have to get changed into our gym uniforms anyways so right now I am just walking through the booths in very nondescript clothing. It's not like my father cared much since his hero costume that he wears all the time is definitely more comfortable than a school uniform, plus I'm sporting his merch. A nice cap with his iconic yellow goggles and scarf stitched on the front.

"Hey! You there! How did you get past security?" I sigh as, I think Kamui Woods walks up to me from behind. Sure I'm not wearing my uniform but who would seriously try to sneak in while the only people here are heroes and people setting up booths. I slowly turn around, hands up in the air since I didn't want to spook him into using his quirk. "I'm Y/n Aizawa, first year hero course student," I say as I flash my student ID at him. Realization dawns on his face and then he is sheepishly apologizing, a hand rubbing the back of his neck. "Don't worry about it Kamui-sama I'm sure this whole day is plenty stressful. Besides I'm not even wearing my uniform so it makes sense that you'd suspect something was amiss." With that I turn and leave, heading to class, knowing that being late would not be a good start to the day.

The classroom is almost empty when I get there, the only person there is Iida. He takes one glance at me before coming up to me and reprimanding my lack of a uniform, his arms moving robotically. I snicker a little at his actions which only seems to make him more mad. Iida only manages to calm down when Izuku comes in and explains that if I got in trouble it'd be my fault not his. Plus I wasn't trying to disrespect the dress code or anything, I just simply find no reason to feel uncomfortable for the first few seconds of class before getting changed.

Aizawa never even came to our room but instead the board in our room lit up with instructions to get changed into our gym uniforms and head to waiting room 1. It is there that Todoroki makes a declaration of war against Izuku and before I can step in Izuku surprisingly responds in turn and accepts the challenge. Before I knew it we were all walking out into the stadium, the crowd going wild after Yamada announces us. Apparently we were the class to watch, simply because we've fought real villains.

I'm not sure who decided the chief umpire would be the R-rated hero Midnight for the first years but they should seriously get some help. As shocking as that was it is even more surprising when the first year representative is Bakugo, I guess it's because he scored the highest on the entrance exam or something. He simply says something about how he is going to win which honestly makes him look even worse than he already does. He can say what he wants it's not like everyone is just going to accept that anyways, no one is going to try less because of what he said.

The first event is a four kilometer obstacle race around the stadium. Once it starts it is obvious that the tunnel would become a stampede that is hard for most people to run through unless they are in front, so my tactic is simple. Stay put until Todoroki inevitably freezes the ground in the tunnel to trap everyone before jumping from person to person through the tunnel.

I'll just say people do not appreciate other people stepping on them. Quite a number of students managed to avoid Todoroki's ice, a lot of them being from class 1-A. Up next is the giant zero point robots from the entrance exam which is just fantastic since these things are much too heavy for my quirk to go up against. I watch from a distance as Todoroki immobilizes one in ice before he rushes under it. It's clearly off balance so I stay clear of it and instead decide that since most of the students are staying in the middle of the path where all the smaller robots have gathered that I'd simply skirt around them. The large robots are much too slow anyways so when one reaches out to grab me I instead jump onto it's arm and run up before jumping down behind it, using my quirk to soften my landing.