Chapter 25

Y/n's POV

Nothing prepared me for the side glances or whispers of the other students that I see and hear while I walk to class. I'm not early today since Aizawa didn't want to wake me any earlier than necessary so instead woke me up when he was leaving. I'd usually arrive before all other students but I guess this is just the cost of getting enough sleep. I almost wish someone would have the nerve to approach me and ask about it rather than talking about me pretending I don't have ears or eyes to know what they're doing.

"Well look who it is. If it isn't the all important teacher's kid that everyone's been talking about. Don't worry you must've been a certain kind of special if the villains wanted you so bad. Definitely not better than the rest of us here like your class seems to claim. Can't wait to see you fail during the sports festival, if you're even competing that is, everyone knows you'll probably be forced to watch." Who even is this guy? I don't think I have seen him before, with his judging eyes and haughty tone, tch must be another spoiled rich brat. Seriously though his eyes are so creepy I barely even registered anything he just said.

"Y/n's probably gonna kick all our asses so how about you leave him be before Aizawa Sensei decides to show up and dish out deserved punishment." Hitoshi says as he walks up from behind me to glare at the person who was talking to me before.

"Ha as if I'm afraid of class 1-A delinquents. What're you going to be able to do, send me packing in fear that I'll be expelled? My quirk is great enough that expulsion isn't even on the table." A few forced laughs come from the blond as Hitoshi simply stands there looking all stoic and unfazed. If this kid values his life I would suggest he leave, since I can feel his gaze watching from behind, but where's the fun in that. To my surprise Aizawa doesn't even have time to get over to us before a giant hand swiftly chops at the brat, leaving him unconscious.

"Sorry about him, he's got a complex. Uhh I'm Kendo from class 1-B it's nice to meet you." I simply nod and she clears her throat before saying, "I better get to class. See you later." She picks the unconscious boy up before walking off in the direction of the classrooms. Well that was weird especially since she used her quirk to harm another student. I wasn't aware that was something a person could do.

Aizawa walks past us completely ignoring us since I'm not showing any negative emotions from the interaction. A few moments later the halls were almost empty and I realize I had zoned out and am probably gonna be late to class. Hitoshi is still standing beside me, not too close, but looking a little awkward as if he's not sure if he should say something to me. "Let's head to class. Sorry if we're late I kind of just zoned out for a minute there." He simply shrugs as he keeps pace with me as we head to class.

The class is silent when we enter and I see their eyes occasionally glance up at me as I make my way to my seat. It was hard to pay attention to the lessons especially since I did not really understand what was going on for half of them. At lunch I stayed in the classroom getting notes from Izuku and all assignments and due dates from Iida. By the end of lunch I had a basic understanding of what I had missed and what I needed to catch-up on. The afternoon hero training finally arrives and everyone quickly gets up to change into their costumes.

"You can sit this class out if you're uncomfortable young Aizawa, no one will judge you for needing a break from strenuous activities after what happened." All Might says, and though I know he means well I can't help but feel a bit angry at the pity underlying his tone. I get up and grab my case, heading to the change rooms, completely ignoring him. I change quickly, glad that my costume was easy enough to have repaired in such a short time. If anyone realizes how many scars my body is littered with no one says anything.

I need to get my strength back or Dad will never let me compete in the sport's festival. Maybe I could get Hitoshi to brainwash him into letting me join. I'd have to bribe him a lot though... especially since if Dad found out he'd get in big trouble. Guess I'll first see how much endurance I have before making any decisions.