Gone

Chapter nineteen

When we got back to the prison Rick marched off to make plans. I cuddled Toby and played for a while, he had a new game of throwing things at me and it wasn't my favourite game I won't lie.

"Shall we have a shower?" He didn't seem keen but it was needed.

I let everyone know and took him with me to the washroom. It was horrible and cold. I grabbed his tub and turned on the tap from the window that Daryl had set up. It was from a tub of water that was left in the sun so the water wasn't cold, not warm at all but it was the best we had.

I gave him his toys, he splashed and played while I turned on the shower making it quick. Scrubbing my hair and body clean, as he was having fun I managed to get all shaved and that always felt great. I washed him up and then got us dried and dressed. One less thing to do before bed this evening.

When I got back Carl took Toby for some colouring time so I left them to it and found Daryl, thinking. Staring at the table.

"Don't chew your thumb off dear" he jumped a small bit "ricks thinking of letting Merle join the group"

"That's not it" he grunted annoyed "sorry, you are easy for me to read" he didn't say anything "tell me another time then"

"Are you happy with Merle being out?" Rick asked as he walked towards us "mostly everyone's said yes so it's up to you, you have a child"

"I trust Daryl" I said simply sticking out my hand "I'm letting him out" he handed over the key

"Wad ya want now mama?" I held up the key and he smirked: "people trusting me to roam-"

"Here's the rules darling" I opened the cell stepping up to him "you hurt my family. You make one wrong move. I'll make you eat your own dick" he faulted a little but still grinned "you're gonna upset people but I'll beat your ass if you upset one of my kids. You listen to the group rules, you don't leave without someone" I stepped even closer staring hard "and the last but most important. You don't fucking leave Daryl, you're his big brother and it's time to act like one. You hurt him? That's a whole new level of pain for you. Alright?"

"Got it, sister" I patted his shoulder

"Enjoy your time in our delightful prison" I turned walking out feeling good about my words.

The day went by slow but fine. We Carried on protecting the prison and Daryl kept going to talk to me then walking away. So when I saw him give me a look and walk down to the fence alone, I followed.

"What's going on?" I asked worried "you ain't leaving with him are you-"

"Nah, never" I smiled and nodded feeling that weight leave my shoulders "Rick" he grumbled "he's talking bout handing Michonne over to-"

"The governor" I whispered "but he can't. He did this shit to us, what's he gonna do to someone who took his eye?"

"Told him to do the right thing, dunno if he will" I nodded looking out over the field he had taken from us. I wanted to go kill him myself but I couldn't be that stupid, hopefully, Rick wouldn't be stupid.

"Why didn't he tell me?" I asked feeling left out

"You'll only let him do the right thing" he smirked a little "he's scared of ya"