Girlfriend's

Chapter thirty-nine

Daryl had fallen asleep in the chair last night so after laying a blanket over him I laid on the sofa so if he woke up he wouldn't be too confused.

Of course when I woke up, he was gone. He had laid the blanket over me and left me a glass of water on the table.

Daryl and I were at an odd sweet point. We both had admitted we had feelings for each other, he did sweet little things like this but none of it showed what we are. Is it childish wanting to understand what we are? I felt like a teenager. I needed Beth at this moment... she'd know what to say. She'd know what everything means. God I missed her sweet soul.

Sighing I drank some water then got up. Going to my bedroom I got changed into some jeans and my own shirt, I didn't have one of Daryl's here. Leaving my hair down I tucked a gun away in the back of my jeans and two knives, one on show and one not.

"Mum!" My heart stopped for a moment but I quickly pushed that away.

"Yeah!" I called back walking back to the kitchen finding Carl already there "sup?"

"Can I go out the walls?" Opening the fridge I pulled out apple juice.

"Carl you can go out the walls whenever you like as long as you tell me, Daryl or your dad" pouring two glasses I passed one to him. While I sipped mine he downed the entire glass "why do you want to go out there?"

"I don't want what happened at the pri-" He swallowed thickly "sorry-"

"Its fine carry on" flashbacks would always be a thing but I had to get on with it.

"At the prison, dad turned into old man farmer" he jumped up onto the side looking at me "took my gun and knives from me, tried to make everything normal and tried to forget about what's outside, we can't do that again"

"No we can't" I smiled a little feel proud of him "we need to keep ready, anything could happen here good or bad. If we relax too much we might lose ourselves in here, become like the other idiots that roam these streets"

"I mean they aren't all idiot..." the way he glanced at his fidgeting hands I could tell he was a little nervous "some of them are alright"

"When I told you to make friends I didn't think you'd find a girlfriend all so quick-"

"I haven't!" He raised his voice in panic jumping down from the side "she's not my girlfriend just a friend that's a girl"

"But you like her?" I smirked a little as he rolled his eyes and scoffed walking past me "oooooh Carl has a crush!" I teased, a blush falling on his cheeks.

"Well I'd ask you for advice but watching you and Daryl for all these years, I wouldn't be able to hold her hand till my mid-twenties"

"Ooo he got the sass today!" I laughed loudly "we are just special" I shrugged my shoulders "besides I had a husband before that and boyfriends before that"

"Let's not get started" he rolled his eyes jokingly and I hit the back of his head as the door opened showing Daryl, he looked geared up to outside the walls. He gave Carl a questioning glance.

"Just chatting about how I don't need love advice from your girlfriend" he rushed out leaving Daryl baffled. He bit on his thumbnail.

"He's trying to wind you up" I walked over and pulled his hand away from his mouth "Carl's got a crush it's cute"

"Girlfriend or?"

"Well he said 'girl' but you never know" I shrugged "you heading out?"

"Yeah, wanna co-"