Edges.

Chapter thirty-three

I felt like I was in a blur. I had stayed up all night thinking of everything and nothing all at once. I didn't move one inch, I knew People had been watching me but they left me to it. Last night was just all too much for me and seemed to take a real toll on me... it sparked this odd feeling and I couldn't shake it.

We were currently sat in the RV. Judy on my lap and she played with a tea towel. I just sat there. Staring at the wall like it was the most interesting thing. My head was rushing with far too many things but I had to push them away but pushing them away was making me insane. I wanted to blow up at anyone who would listen but I also didn't want people to feel sorry for me and my mess of a head.

"-ley? Riley?" I blinked a couple of times and looked up at Maggie, she looked down with worried eyes "we are almost there, you want to load your gun up just in case?"

"I won't need to-"

"You needed it yesterday" I glared hard at her

"That was different I got stabbed-"

"That could happen again, so I'll take Judy and you can load your gun and check you have your knives in order" she took Judy and I pushed my self up a bit too fast. I clutched my side and visibly winced. I knocked someone's hand away

"I'm fine" I snapped before pushing past and grabbing the bullets. After loading up the clip in my gun I snapped it into place and tucked it away, I had all my knives ready. I put my hair into a bun before breathing out harshly. I felt someone bump my shoulder a little. I didn't need to look to know it was Daryl.

"You good?" his voice was soft music to my ears

"I'm fine" he held his hand in front of me and showed me my knife. Frowning I felt my side where it was just sitting. No one could do that... not even Daryl.

"You sure?" I took the knife softly and put it back in its place

"No, but I gotta be so I am"

"You ain't upfront" I glared at him and he looked down hard at me

"You ain't in charge of me, I'm good" I walked past purposely knocking shoulders with him. He let out a deep breath.

"Keep your guard up, Carl take Judy Keep her covered"

"I got her" he reassured

"Riley you upfront or with Carl?"

"Carl can handle himself perfectly"

With that Rick opened the door. We fell into a nicely spaced out yet close group with Carl and Judy in the middle.

"It's me, open the gate!" Aaron turned to us "welcome to Alexandria"

"Can't wait for Dance troop on Fridays" Aaron smiled widely at me

"Can't wait to see your dance moves" he winked but his face went a little paler and he coughed before turning around. I turned to Daryl to see him glaring real hard at Aaron and I smirked

"You know he's gay right?" I asked as the gate opened, Daryl glared at me. Rick glared at both of us and we looked forward. a lot of glaring going on the past few days.

Walking in I felt odd, this feeling covered me and I didn't know if I liked it or not.

"Walkers" I turned

"Sasha Riley" Rick spoke and I pulled a knife-throwing it through the air, it pierced the head of the closer walker while Sasha easily snipped the further one. "Seems like you could use us" once we were all inside the gate it shut behind us and I had to steady my breathing.