Carl

(Super short 2)

Carl

I was angry.

Angry wasn't the right word...

I was outraged.

I was... I was something that couldn't be described. Rage fulled my decisions but grief was the reason for it.

I stormed ahead of my dad, he lingered behind but I couldn't care less. It was partly his fault for this. I'd never forgiven him for it.

I had lost my first mum... now my second. How many mums can one kid go through? She meant everything to me, I didn't want to do this without her but I wouldn't be a coward. I'd be the man she would expect me to be. She would want me to use my pain and turn it around, collect every bit of fear and use it to build myself into something amazing and that's what I was going to do.

Not only that... I had lost my baby brother and sister-

"Carl" He should have listened "Carl hold up" he should have listened "Carl!"

"What!" I spat as I turned around. Through all the bruising and swollen features, I still saw the slight shock cross his features, if he thought I was giving him an ounce of Pity that the governor beat him almost to a pulp he was clearly delusional.

"I get your upset about.." he took a deep breath "..everything"

"You mean not only have I lost my second mum, I lost my siblings too" I glared hard at him "I ain't stupid it ain't all your fault but if you had listened to mum then-" fresh tears formed "-then they would be here. Daryl would be here. Beth, Maggie, Hershel.. all of them would be here now"

"You don't think I know that-"

"I don't care that you know it!" I raised my voice "I just don't want you to forget it! I don't want you to forget that you got people killed and destroyed the entire group! If you had just-"

"I know!" He tried to yell "I know I made an error but there's nothing we can do now"

"We might never see any of them ever again" I wanted to cry but I kept strong thinking of Mum. She was always so strong. "I'll never forgive you" then I stormed off again.

I just wanted my family again.