Baby mama

Chapter Fifteen

I woke up to the sound of crying, Toby. I picked him up from beside me and began breastfeeding him. I leaned against the wall and brushed my fingers through his hair humming to myself, it was peaceful. I closed my eyes resting my head as he finished up falling back to sleep. His night feed was more of a comfort thing when we woke up in the night now, it normally wasn't long. I carefully laid him down and smiled at him before laying next to him.

Just as I began to fall back to sleep I heard the cry of another baby. I let out a sigh and got up going to Beth's room "she needs a feed go back to sleep, I'll keep her with me and Toby" she nodded falling back to sleep as I picked up the baby.

"You need a name misses" I quickly got her to latch on to stop the crying and headed back to my little room. I went passed Daryl who gave me a nod "get ready for moody exhausted lily again" I winked and he smiled a bit. I laid down with her on my chest and Toby at my side. "You guys might drive me insane"

Every three hours she needed feeding. Between them feeds or during Toby would need his milk, although he was eating other food now he still had to have my milk twice a day.

So you can imagine even just a few days later I was a little crabby and it did not help rick hadn't even looked at her. Hershel had told him straight yesterday and Glenn and Daryl had begun leading the group.

I heard the door open and turned to see rick, I gave Toby to Daryl passing him the applesauce he was eating. I didn't give Daryl a chance to say anything as I stormed over to rick "rick!" He ignored me "rick grimes don't you ignore me!" He finally turned around looking distance

"I'm going back" he went to walk away but I grabbed his arm and shoved him

"You're going to see your daughter that's what you're doing" he turned around "I'm not kidding! I'm sick of this I get you lost your wife-" he stopped walking "-I get that's hard but you have a beautiful daughter waiting for her dad. I'm feeding your child every three hours on the dot, my boy in-between that, I'm very fucking tired but if you walk out the door I will personally hunt you down and knock some damn sense into you!"

"I lost my wife!" He shouted at me

"And gained a daughter!" I shouted back he got in my face angrily, fists clenched

"Lori-"

"Would be fucking ashamed of you" I growled and when his fist come up a bit I visibly winced but I knew he would hit me. His eyes went wide and he stepped back "even more ashamed if you had done that" I spoke

"I wouldn't of" he shook his head and realised his hands

"I wouldn't put you past anything right now that's why you need to come back to bloody earth. You made the people leave the other day who needed our help and you won't even look at your daughter" a cry broke out, a soft wimpier "go see her rick, now"

Nodding his head he walked to Beth and took his child. I went back to mine. Daryl watching as he fed her I smiled. Me and Daryl hadn't been talking as much lately and I missed him

"I would've killed him if he had hit you" he said and I laughed a little laying my arms on the table and resting my on my arms

"I know" I closed my eyes and just rested for a moment. I felt my hair being tugged and smiled "you are a handful Toby" he stopped and I open my eyes seeing Daryl pulling his hand away as Toby laughed.

"She got a name?" Rick spoke but I couldn't be asked to look around

"I like Judith"

"Nah lil ass-kicker" Daryl said as he smiled a little "she likes it trust me"