Utterly amazing

Chapter Twenty

"We will find who did this" Rick said as the man stormed off mumbling something. I hadn't been there to see everything but while looking for Daryl I come across... well two burnt bodies, Daryl, Rick, Carol also a very angry and beaten Tyreece.

"Who do you think did this?" Daryl asked me while staring at the bodies at our feet

"Someones off in the head" I mumbled shaking my head "we don't kill our own just because they are sick. I don't even think I spoke a single word to these people but killing and burning them right here. it's a sick man" Rick went to talk but I cut him off "I think it was a woman, a scared woman"

"What makes you think that?"

"Too scared to clear up the blood left behind but also to weak to hold a lifeless body up. I'm pretty sure all the men here can hold up a lifeless body and a lot of the women can. If they could they would have taken them further away. This ain't far at all"

"You got a point" Rick nodded and patted my shoulder "maybe you should have been in the police force"

"I'll stick to music teacher, was a lot nicer" they all gave me a look "oh please you really beloved my dead husband's story? I hated being a stay at home wife. I used to teach music, pretty good at it too. Suppose I never told anyone other than Glenn that one time and Daryl when ranting at him once"

"You'll have to play for us all at some point," Carol said as we walked away back into the prison

"bring me a piano and I will for sure, it's my favourite"

"I'm gonna think about all this, you lot check around on things and make sure everyone is okay"

we all walked off in different directions, whatever I needed Daryl for had completely slipped my mind so I made my way over to where the kids were locked up. walking in I called out for carl and he comes running through with a smile as he adjusted his hat "hows it going bud?"

"it's fine, Toby keeps calling for you but he's okay him and Judy have been playing and I'm pretty sure he's trying to teach her to walk"I laughed lightly leaning on the wall "can you bring me some comic books soon? I've read most of the mine, oh and beth said she's going to need a sharpener for her pencil"

"of course I c-" it was like my word got stuck and I started coughing. after a moment I managed to stop and took a few deep breaths

"Are you sick?" carl almost whispered. looking at him I saw the pure fear in his face

"don't think so bud" I didn't really know so I was just hoping I wasn't "just need a drink- have you lot got enough food and water?" he nodded "don't worry about me, ill be back in a bit to check on you lot okay? just don't bring toby or he will get unsettled. I'm sending all my hugs and kisses to all of you"

"I love you" he called softly

"I love you too" I smiled but the moment I was out the doors my smile dropped along with my heart to my stomach, I run my hand through my hair and rubbed my face- I was being so stupid. Letting out a sharp breath I wiped my face and walked off, it's like a little holiday without kids. Parents in the old world done it all the time.

for the rest of the day, there wasn't too much to do. I went back with a bag of things for the kids, Me and carl sat there talking for a couple of hours, about stupid meaningless things. we laughed until we cried and when I saw him getting tired I sent him off to bed and I left swapping watch with Glenn.

from there the next couple days flew by, more and more people getting sick and well me hiding the fact I was sick. I didnt stay around people for long, spent a lot of time talking to beth and carl, I kept very far away with the doors open. they brought out the babies when there where asleep or falling asleep and we would sing for them. I made sure to laugh as much as i could with them.. they needed to remember the happy.