Hospital.

Chapter Twenty-Eight

Waking up was weird. Opening my eyes to see a hospital room tripped me out and for a moment I thought everything had been some fucked up dream, that Toby and the kids were never a thing. The group was never a thing. Walkers were never a thing. Daryl was never a thing.

Once looking out the window I felt this feeling of relief cover me and smiled seeing the world was still just as fucked up as always. Walkers where still everywhere, taking whatever they want as they please. I shouldn't have smiled really, I shouldn't have felt that relief but I did. I'm glad the world was still going through a shit storm.

Carol.

Her name come to the front of my mind and I ignored my headache as I searched the room for anything, coming across nothing. So instead I made my way towards the door without a weapon. Opening the door I went to go right but the sound of something hitting the floor got my attention and I turned left.

"Beth" I breathed out.

She come running towards me and I took her into my arms. She began to sob and clutch onto me as I held her tightly "I got you, it's alright everything is gonna be alright" I whispered. She finally pulled back and pulled me back I got to Her room shutting the door.

"Where's the rest of us? Are we all alive?" She asked hopefully eyes lit up

"For the most part yeah. Carl, Judy, Rick, Daryl, Glenn and Maggie are all still alive"

"Maggie" she smiled widely and I nodded but then it's like it hit her.

"Carl, Judy, Rick, Daryl, Glenn, Maggie" she reaped and I nodded "Toby?" Her voice was quiet

"No he, didn't make it" she dropped to the floor but I caught her softening her fall.

"But-" she tried to talk but couldn't get words out. Tears filled my eyes as I struggled to keep them in. This is Beth's moment, not mine.

"I held him close to me" I spoke very softly "when the tower went down, I wrapped him in my arms with his blanket and held him so tightly to my body, he didn't understand. It happened when we fell. Something got his head, so it knocked him out right away. No pain" I explained, I hadn't explained in this must detail before but I thought it would make her feel better knowing I was with him and it was quick. "I buried him by the river and-" I let go with one arm and pulled out the last bit of blanket "-everyone who was closest to him. I've given some of the blanket I buried him in to make them feel closer to him"

"Thank you" she sniffed pulling back she let me tie it on her wrist before staring at in "when I go, I'll look after him for you"

"That won't be any time soon Beth" I kissed her forehead and helped her up "you know where carol is?"

"She's awake now, you got hit real hard and then they drugged you to keep you out" I nodded "let's go find carol and get out of here then"

"It's not that easy I've tried-"

"You haven't tried with me though" I smiled smugly "and Daryl was there. I tracked them to the city, he would have seen what happened. Probably went and got the group. Should be here soon"

"Okay" she whispered "I'll take you to carol"

With that, we left the room. Beth told me about some of the people there and a guy called Noah. I then explained how I got here, she had this smug face on her but didn't say much. Just before we got to the room Beth had said was carols. A larger man walked around the corner.

"Beth, what are you doing with her?" That look. I knew that look. The darkness that hid just behind a smile.

"She wanted to see carol, then I was going to take her back to her bed and come get you-" he slapped her and I saw red