«The Past Can Hurt»

*First person*

"You wanted to go first now quiet stalling." Clarke lectured.

We had woken up bright and early so that we could find something that would aid us in cross the river. Going into the river and through it was completely out of the question due to the scary mutant snake beast that had attacked us the day before. 

We had managed to come across a long vine that, in theory, would be stable to swing on, thus helping us cross the river.

"Mount Weather awaits." Octavia chided in as she turned to me and smiled. Over the past two days I had gotten more comfortable and happy with our small group than I had been with anyone since I was locked up in the Skybox.

"Just hang on till the apogee, and you'll be fine." Jasper said helpfully as he tried to guide Finn in what he had to do so that he could cross the river safely.

"The apogee like the Indians right?"

"Apogee, not Apache." Jasper laughed smiling

"He knows, today Finn!" Clarke groaned, but I could see a hint of amusement.

Finn mock saluted us and turned to the other bank. "Aye, aye, captain. See you on the other side."

"Wait." Jasper cut in and whispered into Finn's ear before looking at Octavia and the opposite river bank, but also briefly looking at Monty. Finn grinned at him after they finished conversing and clapped him on the back. 

"I knew there was a badass in there somewhere."

Jasper nervously laughed and turned his way to Monty, who gave him a reassuring smile and a thumbs up. He looked at the bank.

"Hey, it's okay to be afraid Jasper, the trick is not fighting it." Finn reassured him. Finn turned out to be an okay person. Before when he has disliked me, he just thought what he was doing was right. 

"See you on the other side." Jasper smiled with a wink. We held our breath as Jasper swung across and landed swiftly with a roll. "Haha, whooo! We are apogee!" He cheered loudly standing up and doing a little dance. We all cheered and laughed, jumping up and down in excitement.

"Let's go princess your up." Finn turned to Clarke as he smiled and handed her the vine

Jasper turned around, as if searching for something, and then lifted up a big metal sign that read  Mount Weather.

"Yes!" Monty cheered laughed and I smiled. Things had been going so well, I never wanted it to end. As Clarke was about to swing, a shiny spear sailed hitting Jasper thud in the chest. The group quieted down in shock. 

"Jasper." Octavia whispered. I saw Clarke grabbing Monty and following Finn who had already taken off running in the opposite direction. I grabbed Octavia's shoulder and helped support her as we ran, following the group.

"Get down. Get down." I heard Finn whisper yell to us.

As we caught up to the group I saw that Monty had tripped, but in front of him was a skull. It looked somewhat...human?

"We're not alone." Clarke whispered, looking down at the strange skull.

"Who are they?" Finn asked, although the question seemed more to himself than the others.