Captured

"James. Wake up, James."

A familiar voice drifted through his ears. His eyes opened slowly, gradually adjusting to the dim lighting. Confusion settled over him as his head swiveled around, trying to make sense of his surroundings.

"Octavia? Octavia?"

As he moved a sharp pain shot through his head, followed by a continuous dull throb. James reached up to his head, feeling something sticky. He pulled his hand in front of his head and winced at the sight. It was covered in deep red blood.

"They hit you pretty hard, didn't they." The voice sounded again, and James looked around, trying to find his source.

His jaw dropped at the face.

"Murphy?"

He looked awful. Murphy was leaning against a wall, blood and dirt coating his body. His hair was matted and dry, and he smelled horrible. Some of his fingernails were torn off, cuts and scrapes littered his arms.

"Gods Murphy, what happened to you?" As he waited for an answer he looked around, gazing at the cell. It was protected with what looked like worn iron bars, and there was a lit torch on the wall. Nobody was guarding the cell which made him feel just the slightest bit relieved.

"Almost made it to the cave but some grounders captured me in the forest. I've probably been here two days. They want information from the camp, I wouldn't let them have it."

James shook his head in disbelief as he sat against the wall beside Murphy, trying not to look at his wounds. "I'm sorry."

Murphy shook his head in sadness, staying quiet. He was in obvious pain, just trying to hide it.

"They threw you in here last night. What happened?"

He thought for a second and then started to talk. "I can't remember much, it's, it's a bit fuzzy. I had gone after Octavia when she hit her head." He turned to Murphy in shock. "Is she here?"

He hadn't seen her before but maybe Murphy had while he was out.

His grim look told James all he needed to know, and his head fell into his hands. "I can't remember anything after that. She's probably dead, or worse..."

"Captured." Murphy finished. He nodded his head in agreement.

He shifted against the wall in an attempt to get more comfortable. "We'll get out of here." He promised. "They'll find us."

As he blocked out the unhopeful face of Murphy and the pain from his head and leg, a thought resonated within his mind. He tried to block it out, but the thought gave him hope, and another feeling he was yet to decipher.

He'll find us.

***

James sighed as he tapped his foot against the ground. They had been here for what felt like hours and he was growing increasingly worried about what they would do to him.

Murphy was brave, and maybe straight-out stupid to go through all of that torture without giving up.

As he continued to get lost in his thoughts, footsteps sounded on the floor. Murphy visibly shrunk back in fear, with James mustering every ounce of courage he could to protect him.

An Asian woman with brown hair containing blond streaks walked up to the cell door. Black paint covered her face, and there were numerous weapons, both hidden and visible on her black clothing.

"What is your name." She asked, her voice clipped and cold.

"James. My name is James." He willed his voice to stop shaking, to sound stronger than he felt.

"What do you want?"

"When you first came down your people destroyed a whole village. Now they have launched missiles and burned down another." The woman replied.

"I, I don't know what you mean. I'm sorry, for whatever my people did, please just let us go." He begged.

She turned to a guard who seemingly appeared out of thin air and gestured to Murphy. "Take him."

James assumed the command was in another language as he could not understand, but it seemed Murphy knew the command or at least realized what it meant because he shook his head rapidly, begging to be spared.

He stood in front of Murphy, ready to fight, ready to defend. "No." His voice was less shaky than before, almost steady.

The woman smirked, before motioning for the guards to open up the cell. "You cannot fight."

James put his fists up in a defensive position that felt familiar, he had done this many times before but in different situations. The woman, who had identified as the leader, stepped into the cell, walking closer and closer to him.

She took him by surprise, punching him in the gut first before he could react. He doubled over but quickly recovered. She attacked again, sending multiply punches which he was miraculously able to block.

He sidestepped and hit her side, trying to get on the offensive side. Maybe if he could get enough blows in he could take Murphy and make a run for it. He, of course, was sorely mistaken.

She took his arm which he had used to punch and twisted it so that he heard the sickening pop of the arm coming out of the socket. He yelled out in anguish as she threw him to the ground on his back, the dislocated arm sending him waves of pain and her foot pressing down on his chest.

James pushed at it to try and release the pressure but she wouldn't budge. The pressure was becoming too much, he could feel his ribs bruising on the verge of breaking.

Suddenly the pressure released. He lay there staring up at her, gasping for breath. "You have earned my respect James. Not many would be as loyal as you to their friends."

The two guards from before walked into the cell and took Murphy by the arms, dragging Murphy along with them. The boy had been cowering in the corner for the whole time.

Murphy struggled but it was no use. He was gone. As James tried to get up and go after him he yelled out in pain at his shoulder.

The woman went to leave but turned around. "My name is Anya kom trikru, and your people are going to pay for what they did."

***

Miles away in a cave, Octavia struggled against the restraints.

"Where is James, where is he?" Octavia asked Lincoln. "What did you do to him."

Lincoln shook his head, saddened.

"I'm sorry. It was too late. He is gone."

***

Wowowow thank you all so much for 2.3k it means a lot :)

Every one of your comments and votes make me so happy!

I've begun writing the Stiles Stilinski book which I promise will be much much better written hehe

Until next time ;)