Opening Up

So all the musicals Angie will be going to is going to my my favorite casts or individuals playing the roles, because why not. So this chapter is Waitress. It's the OBC.

Angie's POV

After Kyla woke up, I introduced her to my family.

"This is my mom, Sam."

Sam started tearing up. "I'm your mom?"

"Is that okay?" I whispered.

She hugged me. "Of course it's okay!"

"Thanks Mom."

"What about us!" Brittany tackled me. 

"Well, you're all my aunts, besides Courtney, Nicole, and Mallory who are like my sisters, and Andrea, who's my Mama." 

"I'm an Aunt!" Abby cried, hugging me.

"Are you okay Mama?" I asked Andrea.

"Of course I'm okay. By the way, who's this?"

"This is Kyla. We met at the program." 

Kyla was in shock, blinking every couple minutes, and not speaking/breathing.

"Me Kyla. Big fan."

"She's a big fan of Six." I translated.

Kyla could only nod. "Umm, placed here, next week, shreeeee!"

"She's placed here next week insert squeal noise here."

Kyla found her courage and playfully smacked me across the back of my head. "It's very nice to meet all of you."

"We're going to go compare schedules. Have a good rehearsal!" I yanked Kyla to my old room, the spare dressing room, where some of my things still were because of being here a lot.

She straddled my chair, leaning over the back to face me, while I was sprawled across the couch.

"Where are you placed on Monday?" I asked.

"One of my favorites, Spring Awakening. You?"

"Waitress."

...

"Opening up, letting the day in-"

I was led to the stage by a helpful security guard, who gave me a friendly smile, but didn't say anything.

The first person who noticed me was Jessie Mueller. She stopped the song, and came to greet me.

"You must be our first intern. Angie right?" She shook my hand.

"I'm a big fan, Ms Mueller."

"How flattering. Come meet the rest of the cast. This is Drew, Keala, Kimiko, Christopher, Nick, and Dakin."

I shook everyone's hands, resisting the urge to fangirl so hard. "It's very nice to meet all of you. Waitress is one of my favorites shows."

"Have you ever seen it live?" Jessie asked.

"No, I've never seen any shows live. I've never had the opportunity." I clutch my phone in my hands just to have something to do.

"Well, this program must be a great chance for you to see some live theatre then." Kimiko comments, giving me a kind smile.

"Yes it is. Thank you all for being so kind."

"Of course, your name is Angie right?" Christopher asks.

I nod. "Well technically it's Angel, but I'd rather go by Angie if you don't mind."

Jessie leads me up to the stage, and they explain the way a normal day at Waitress would go. Right now they were in rehearsal, and we're doing a vocal run through of the first act.