Listen Up Let Me Tell You a Story

Caleb's POV 

(Ha I betcha didn't see that coming.)

Okay, sit down ya'll imma tell you a story.

This is the story about the girl with so much love in her heart that she gave to everyone else, making sure everybody else around her felt safe and happy, but didn't leave enough for herself.

This is the story about the girl who helped me find myself again.

This is the story about Angel Macasaet-Pauly.

Okay not the full story I don't know the beginning stuff.

What I do know is the first thing I thought about her was the world needed more people like her. Coming to the Internships on Broadway meeting wearing doc martins with double French braids. No makeup either. All the other girls I'd gone to school with dressed up in high heels and makeup, but she didn't.

She held this aura of confidence around her, even if she couldn't tell.

Also, she's a really good singer. Not as relevant, but she's going to go somewhere you can tell.

The world seemed to recognize that, because after the first week of the program, her Instagram was blowing up after seeing her perform She Used to Be Mine on stage with the Waitress cast.

She's very brave too. Getting shot in the arm, by your own father none the less, escorted to the hospital but a mother who was fostering you and having to have a cast on for weeks. 

And now she has her cast off, but she's in the hospital again. Moving on. We'll be back to that later.

She gets things done. All the interns heard the story of how she went to a recording studio with Mallory Bechtel and came back after recording demos for Taylor Louderman.

And the last day of her last show was canceled, and yet she recorded more demos for Taylor Louderman.

And of course, the cherry on top, literally today she hired the legend Taylor Louderman to be her manager. Like who gets to say "Oh, my first manager was a Broadway legend and an icon to thousands of kids everywhere?" NOT ME!

Getting off track.

But wait, there's more!

She's a very accepting person, accepting other people's problems and striving to make it better for them. 

When she found out my parents kicked me out she didn't judge me, or fake sympathy. She understood me, and told me what I needed to hear. Because I know she knows what I've been through.

She has so many people in her life to care for, that she doesn't have enough time to care for herself. 

I saw it in her eyes as she was hit by that car. The mental exhaustion, and relief hurried deep into her subconscious. 

Marco once told me I was good at reading people, didn't believe that until now.

Those feelings had surprised me. Because she was the one who inspired me to apply for MAPA, she's the one who strives to make everyone else happy. Yet she herself wasn't fully happy.

I know one thing, if she doesn't survive that, I'm not going to survive without her.

I say that as her gay best friend who's in awe of her.