I'm the Queen of the Castle

Angie's POV

You should have seen the looks on Marissa and Clarissa Jones when I explained how I was being pulled out of MAPA to be homeschooled until the school Broadway performers were creating for me was finished.

Sam would help me with my easy homeschool work for the year I was going to finish before finding out I was actually sixteen, and Matt would help me with the year I was behind on when I found out I was actually sixteen.

I'd do a lot of my school at the theatre, where my sisters would help me if I needed help during a show.

But today was different. I finished my schoolwork early, and they didn't have a show today because of some sound booth malfunctions. 

Sam took me to the park where all my friends and family were holding a huge banner reading "16!!!" And a cake and balloons.

I searched around hoping Kyla had forgiven me, and then I remembered she'd blocked me so we probably weren't friends anymore.

Bianca and Caleb were there to update me with all of the tea from MAPA since I'd left. Isabelle admitted she'd been accepted into a major ballet company, American Ballet Theatre, and we were all so excited for her.

"You didn't have to throw a party for me!" I said.

Sam and Andrea sandwich-hugged me. "Yeah we did Songbird. A whole year of your life disappeared, and we can't fix that, but we can make it better." Andrea said.

"Thanks Mama, and Mom. And Aunties Anna, Brittany, Abby, and Adrianna. Plus my sisters and my friends."

Bianca helped pry me free of the sandwich-hug, and gave me a quick hug. "Please say you'll come see Ragtime. It's not the same without you. And if I can the second we're allowed to I'm transferring to Broadway Academy." 

"I'll buy a ticket and come see Ragtime don't worry." 

Suddenly, from behind me, I get tackle-hugged.

"ANGIEEEEEEE!"

"Caleb! Let her go!" Bianca laughs, not doing anything to help me.

"Hey bestie." I say.

"I missed you. Why'd you have to gooooooo."

I laugh. "Well, you're not getting rid of me."

"Good." He lets go, and proceeds to spill the tea.

A little while later, we were all done partying, and Andrea offers to teach me to drive. We'd already planned on getting my permit, but after that I could legally get my lisense.

It was around three o'clock, so I said okay.

I didn't even know she had a car, but apparently she did.

I felt really lucky to have a family who'd do things like this for me. Even simple things like teaching me to drive. As she started explaining which direction you'd turn the wheel, I took a minute to realize just how lucky I was.

I felt like the queen of the castle.