Wait For It

Angie's POV

Alright, almost dying was not fun. But today was a new day. Samantha kissed my forehead, and promised to pick me up later.

"Bye Songbird."

"Bye Mom." My arm was in a cast, but it was signed by my whole family. 

The Richard Rogers Theatre marquee gleamed with the iconic Hamilton logo. I opened the door. 

There was a woman standing with her back turned to the doors. She heard me come in, and turned around. 

I squeaked. It was Phillipa Soo. 

"You must be Angie! I'm Phillipa, although you probably already know that." She gave me a kind smile.

"Yeah I'm Angie. I'm a big fan." Good job you formed an actual sentence.

Phillipa smiled. "Follow me." 

I had been clutching my phone so that my hand that still worked had something to do. When I entered the theatre my phone clattered to the floor. 

It was freaking Lin-Manuel Miranda, Christopher Jackson, Renee Elise Goldsberry, and the rest of the cast of Hamilton.

I was wide eyed, and I gawked at them. Renee smiled. "Isabelle had the same reaction. It's very nice to meet you Angie."

"I'm a big fan." I said again. 

I shook everyone's hands. Jasmine and Anthony both gave me a large smile when I shook their hands.

Eventually, Phillipa, Jasmine, and Renee took me aside because everyone was starting to warm up.

"So, this is how we warm up."

It was fun to watch them start saying Lin-Manuel Miranda over and over with overdramatized pronunciation. Then they started harmonizing. I watched in awe as they climbed vocally. 

"You must sing right?" Jasmine asked. I nodded. "Well why don't you try it."

So Renee started the pitch, and I joined in as carefully as possible. I found the correct harmony and continued along with them until Phillipa stopped, and looked at me.

"Can we just try something. Angie, can you sing 'You've torn it all apart I'm watching it burn, watching it burn'" She said.

So I complied. Careful not to trip over my wording, I adjusted my glasses and started singing. 

I stared at the floor when I finished, and I heard a pen drop to the floor. I looked up and I saw Lin holding a clipboard that he'd dropped down to the side, with his mouth open wide. Jonathon was right behind him.

Finally somebody spoke. "How are you not famous by now?!" Lin cried.

I blinked, and rubbed my good hand over the signatures on my cast. "I dunno."

Lin gawked. Phillipa calmly walked over, picked up his pen, and handed it back to him. "Lin, she's fifteen, calm down." She turned to me. "You're really good Angie."

I blushed. "I'm really not."

Then I got a phone call from Mallory.

Renne nodded as if to say "Go ahead and answer it."

I stepped away to answer. "Hey Mallory is something wrong?"

"Hello Angel." A male voice said.

"Who is this?" I asked, panicked.