Free to Take Our Crowning Glory

Angie's POV

To say I was nervous was an overstatement. What do you feel when it's your Broadway debut? I mean technically I was yanked onstage for Megasix, and I've sung on a Broadway stage, but this is the real thing!

Bianca and I were hurriedly doing our makeup and hair. "Hey on a scale of 1-5 how nervous are you? One being Caleb chill and five being Caleb freak out?" Bianca asked.

"I'd say like a three if we're measuring in Calebs. But if it was normal I'd say four."

Bianca nodded. "You want to do a live?" She asked.

At this point theatre fans everywhere had followed me on Instagram, to the point where I had a public account instead of the private one I'd started off with. Bianca had a large number of followers as well. 

"Yeah sure." I grabbed my phone and started an Instagram live. I smiled as the viewers quickly went to 300. "Hi everyone. Oh wow thank you for all of the comments wishing us luck for our debut!"

Bianca leaned into the frame. A bunch of heart emojis popped up. "Oh thank you all. It means a lot. Oh wow that's a lot of viewers."

We were steadily climbing past 1k. "Wow, thank you all so much for the love! Oh yeah we are really nervous." We answered a couple questions and then Caleb burst in.

"Hey ladies! Oh! And hello internet!" He dramatically waved to the camera. "It's the cast change!"

Janelle followed. "Hey everyone."

As if on cue, the comments exploded with a lot of hearts and "JANIE!!!!!" 

"Thank you for the love. Oh Angie, you still have the papers right?" 

"Oh yeah Ellie. They're over there by the costume rack." I pointed and finished my hair.

"Thanks. We'll need these to get an apartment."

"You guys are moving in together!!!!" Bianca squealed.

"YASSSSSS!" Caleb added.

We nodded. "When I graduate high school." I said.

"Good for you babies." Caleb said, stealing my blush brush to touch up his cheeks. "Thanks Angie I was looking a bit pale."

"Caleb give that back!" I snatched it. 

"Ten minutes til places." Caitlin poked her head in.

"Thanks Caitlin. Okay that's all for the live. Thanks for joining us!" We all waved and I ended the live.

Caleb and Janelle snuck out and into the audience.

"I'm scared." Bianca said. We were backstage waiting for the overture to begin.

"It'll be great Bia. Just focus on me, Evan, and Max." Max was Kevin. He and Bianca were really close as friends, and his little sister loved her. Max and Bianca were actually childhood friends who reconnected at auditions.

She nodded. "Okay. I can do this."

The opening notes started. 

We squeezed our hands together quickly before each taking a deep breath and waiting for our cues.

The show went great. Bianca was amazing as Shelby. It was elating to be doing what I'd always dreamed of. It was as if I was floating as I performed You Happened for the first time as Kaylee. I'd come a long way from the girl dancing around Janelle's bedroom thinking that maybe being gay wasn't a crime. Then to the intern excitedly learning the choreography to be a no speaking role. Now I'm Kaylee in a hit Broadway show. 

Honestly I owe it all to my family. My moms and my dad. My aunts and my sisters. My best friends and all the of people who believed in me.

I took my bow, aware the show was over, and I couldn't believe it. It was like I was walking on air as Bianca and I excitedly made our way back to the dressing room.

"Omg we're Broadway actors!" Bianca cried when we were safely in our dressing room.

"Yeah let's go stage door!" We changed quickly and once we looked like normal human beings, we raced to go sign playbills.

"Angie I'm such a big fan!" 

"Bianca Angie over here!"

"*insert loud squeal noise*"

"Songbird!" I turned and saw Andrea, Sam, and Matt waving at me. But then I saw...

"Courtney!" I raced over when I saw my sister. "Your boot!"

The boot she wore to support her foot was gone.

"Hey sis. I got my boot off this morning and I waited to surprise you today!" She gave me a hug. "Now sign my playbill you big star!"

Mallory was also there. "I'm very proud of you Dwarfy. You're the shortest and best Kaylee I've ever seen."

I hugged her. "I'm the only Kaylee you've ever seen."

"And I love you for it!"

My entire family was there, oh yeah the cast of Six changed. 

"Angie can we get an interview?" The New York Times.

"Yes of course!"

"Oh and who's the girl playing Shelby, Bianca? Let's get an interview with her, and then a picture of the new cast."

It was nerve racking setting up quickly for an interview.

But when it was over and we could chaotically pose with Max and Evan, all of the nervousness flew out the window.

And the only thing I had left to do was balance school and work. What could go wrong?