Adoption

Sam's POV

Angie bounded into the kitchen Sunday morning wearing a flouncy violet colored dress. I braided her hair, and then we all set off.

Andrea met us at the courthouse.

"I'm scared." Angie told me.

"Don't be Songbird. We'll fight for you. We'll fight and win." I kissed her hair.

We took out seats. I saw Angie's social worker Lara, who Angie had never met because the minute she became a foster child, she was fostered.

"Angie this is your social worker Lara." I introduced them.

"Hey Angie. Just know all I want is your happiness. Do you want this adoption?"

Angie nodded and clung to me.

Lara smiled. "Then I'll do everything I can to make sure of it."

"All rise for the honorable Judge Thompson." 

It was all a blur. Lara stood up and talked about how my home was the best place for Angie. It was relatively easy.

"I've come to a verdict." Judge Thompson said finally. "Angel Flores will be permanently placed in the home of Samantha Pauly and Matthew Sheehan. Emergency guardian will be Andrea Macasaet." We were escorted out of the courthouse, then exploded with happiness on the sidewalk.

I hugged my daughter. "Welcome home Angie Macasaet-Pauly." 

...

Angie's POV 

We legally changed my name after I was legally adopted. 

"Fill out what your new name will be on this line, and what your given name is on this line." 

I took the form.

"Angel Rosalie Flores." I moved to the new line. "Angel Rosalie Macasaet-Pauly." 

"You still want your name to be Angel?" Sam asked.

"As much as my mother lied to me almost my whole life, she's important to me and I don't want to forget her."

"You won't forget, I swear." 

I signed the form with my new signature, and turned in the form.

"I'm officially a Pauly." I exclaimed.

We met the cast at Central Park.

"You're adopted!" Mallory cried, running to hug me.

Everyone hugged me as well. We partied and ate food. 

"Angie!" Someone called my name. I turned and saw Janelle.

"Hey Ellie!" She kissed me quickly before hugging me.

"You're adopted! That's amazing!" She paused. "I just realized that you aren't coming back to our school. You're going to MAPA."

"MAPA?" I asked.

"Manhattan Academy of Performing Arts, MAPA."

I hugged her. "We will not drift apart. Do you want to know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I will always want to dance with you."

So Angie's adopted now! It's official! This was a shorter chapter, but the next one will be longer. I promise.