C43

" Senior year .... Finally! ", Embry exclaimed as he ,Quil, Jacob and Cherry walked into La Push High.

Cherry tried not to laugh at the comical way he said it.

Yes it was senior year for them and Cherry felt like running around like some maniac and sing at the top of her voice until she was too hoarse to continue.

Instead of laughing she smiled lightly , following the boys without any hesitation into the school building.

Before she was inside she turned her head to look back to where Sam's truck was still parked with it's owner watching her intensely .

She lifted a hand to wave at him and he returned it a heartbeat later .

Her stomach flipped and fluttered at the sight of him .

Then she walked inside and almost groaned when he disappeared from her vision .

She had to steel herself not to walk back to see if he was still there .

She had a goal and that was to finish school and then go to college . She couldn't go to college if her grades were bad .

Lumbering through the day she thought of how the Cullens had taken in another vampire who had the power to disguise the non aging thing of the Cullens .

Carlisle now sported greying hair and all his kids looked older .

It meant that they could stay forever now and Seth wouldn't be hurt by the fact that his imprint might have to move .

It was simply remarkable.

Her thoughts turned to the now boring lives of everyone in Forks , Washington .

Nothing much happens nowadays . If you can call Emily letting the pudding fall on Ki's face at the last bonfire nothing.

Some people didn't live in Forks anymore . Like Elena Gilbert and the Salvatore brothers .

As well as Tyler Lockwood,Matt Donovan and Alaric Saltzman.

Other than them all others like Bonnie ,Jeremy and Caroline were still having a blast with their significant others .

Cherry's happy for them all .

She's happy for herself too. She'd finally started forgiving her mother for leaving . It was the fact that some people does stupid things when they're young that gave her the push in that direction.

You only live once ,yeah?.

Her mother could still die even if she's a Vampire . Nobody is really exempt from that . Not even those that are immortal.

She forgave her ,but that didn't mean that she'd be fast friends with her . She'd have to go a long way still to get to that part in this whole process of their renewed relationship.

Jacob snapped his fingers in front of her face to gain her attention and she jumped slightly ,her eyes closing and opening as she blinked away the blurriness of having zoned out .

Her three friends had to suppress their laughter at how she jumped in shock at the noise that Jacob's fingers had made.

" Dreaming of Sammy?", Quil teased .

Cherry shot him a playful glare . She wasn't mad at him . She wasn't about to tell him that she wasn't really thinking about her Sam .

He wouldn't understand . He probably thought only of Caroline all the time . Not that she could fault him for that . Caroline is drop-dead gorgeous .

She softly smiled at that thought . Yeah , Quil Ateara V was head over heels for that Vampire Barbie.

Jacob snapped his fingers again . " Seriously , Cherry Blossoms , stop dreaming. Sam'll still be there when school's out . What's your first class of the day?".