C21

" Do I have to ?", Cherry asked watching as Emily cut Leah's hair knowing that her hair would be next  .

" Of course . Or you'll look like a puffball ", Jared spoke up from where he sat on the table , watching them.

" I'd rather be a puffball than a...than a...Ugh , nevermind ".

" What's an -Ugh , nevermind -?", Paul asked munching on an apple .

Cherry rolled her eyes ,but kept her mouth shut . She wasn't going to rise to the bait .

The sound of footsteps on the porch caught their attention and Cherry tensed up  because she was worried that it might Zara .

She didn't want to face that nasty girl right now .

To her relief it's only  Sam, Jacob and Seth . A somewhat grumpy Jacob,but yeah.

" Hey , Inmate   ", Seth greeted Cherry with a bright smile .

" Hey ,Bright Eyes  ", she greeted him back .

" He's not a rabbit", Jared piped up .

" And I'm not a prisoner ", she shot back .

Jared rolled his eyes then frowned . " Where's Embry today ? Doesn't he know that we need him for patrol?".

" He knows ,Jared", Sam said walking up to Cherry to pull her into his arms .

" Then why's he not here ?", Paul asked .

" Zara's got the flu ", Jacob answered ,his voice dull and uninterested .

Leah got up from the chair and  Emily beckoned to Cherry to come sit .

Cherry gave a big  sigh before pulling away from Sam to go sit, closing her eyes and counting to ten .

She begun humming under her breath , bemoaning the fact that her silky smooth locks was going bye-bye.

She heard and felt the first snip and  almost jumped up and run for the hills  ,but she reeled in her feelings  reminding herself that she's a wolf now and can't go crying over spilt milk , or in her case spilt hair .

" Why are you crying , Cherryldene  ?", she heard Paul ask .

That's when she realised that her cheeks were wet .

"It's n...n.. nothing ", she mumbled .

" Is it because your silky locks are going_"

" Don't you dare say it ,Pauly !", she squealed causing everyone with supersonic hearing to cringe and clutch their ears  ," and FYI it's my hair . I can cry over my hair if I damn well  wanna  !."

" Okay ,Cherry ,tone it down or you're going to make our eardrums burst ", Sam said calmly ,but the commanding tone was there under the calm .

She bit back a retort and just sat still , gritting her teeth .

" Charlie was asking my Dad  where you were today ", she heard Jacob say  .

Opening her eyes she looked at him ." Why ?."

That question caused everyone in the room , except for Seth and Leah, to share looks .

" You know . If you don't wanna tell me then I'll just  go ask my Dad . I haven't been home for two days  anyway  . Maybe I should just go home . I'm still a minor ,ya know ."

With that she'd have stood up and left if Emily hadn't stopped her with a hand grasping onto her shoulder  and told her that she wasn't finished yet with her hair  .

" And don't forget that you ,Seth and Leah are getting the brand this afternoon ",was her last words before she continued cutting Cherry's hair .

Cherry bit her lip ,closing her eyes again .

She'd forgotten about the tattoos . She'd forgotten that additional to her hair she'd have to get the along going tattoo as well.

Nobody said anything after her little outburst .

She was so fed up of being hunkered down by people that still keep secrets .

After a few more moments Emily informed her that she's done and Cherry got up feeling relieved that it was over .

Her head felt light and she wasn't sure if she liked the feeling .

Ignoring everyone she walked out of the house to go sit on the porch steps .

It wasn't long before Seth came to sit with her .

" Don't be mad ", he said quietly  ," maybe we're not supposed to know everything unless Sam says so ".

" It's not that ,Seth ," she said sighing softly ," I ....I ....".

She didn't continue because she didn't know how to explain what she even felt right now about all the damn secrets and about being kept away from her Dad .

Why'd she phase ?, was one question that plagued her mind all the time, since two days ago .

She'd phased again twice after that with no problems .

Sam said she's just as good as Jacob . Phasing on the fly was an acquirement for this type of life .

She wasn't sure how to feel about that .

The sound of a vehicle approaching brought her out of her moping as interest flickered through her .

She and Seth got up to see who was coming.

It wasn't just one vehicle ,though ,but two . SUV's actually.

They pulled up in the drive and Cherry didn't have to wonder about who it was anymore when Elena jumped out of one to run towards her and hugging her .

Seth's eyes almost bulged out of his head when he saw Elena's face .

" Elena! ," Cherry exclaimed excitedly  ," what're you doing here?".

" Can't I come see my favourite distant cousin ?", Elena asked .

" I guess so ,but now isn't a _"

" Good time ?. Why ,Cherry, of course it is . Anyway ,what did you do to your hair ?. It's kinda cute ,but why  cut it off ?".

Cherry bit her lip ,scrunching up her face when she realised that even if she wanted to ,she couldn't tell Elena anything .

" Let the girl breathe ,Lena ", she heard another female voice say and she looked over Elena's shoulder to see who it is .

She'd only seen the African American girl once before ,but she remembered her name as well as the name of the blonde girl that stood beside her .

Bonnie and Caroline . Elena's two best friends .

Her eyes widened slightly when she remembered something else about Caroline that Elena had told her and her being there wasn't such a good idea considering the fact that the guys hated her kind .

This was a real calamity and Caroline didn't even know it .

Footsteps on the porch behind her announced the whole pack's, excluding Embry's ,arrival .

" Woah ", she heard Paul say and she could only guess why .

One word . Elena Gilbert.
             🐺🦇🐺
Sorry if it's a little short . See ya .