C22

" Sooo, are you two actually related?", Paul asked , looking from Cherry to Elena .

They were sitting and standing  around the kitchen  ,some of them drinking coffee .

Damon , Stefan and some guys Cherry only know by name were also present .

" I suppose distantly ", Elena answered ," we're connected by a single bloodline ".

" Oh , okay ", Paul said frowning slightly . He didn't really understand what she meant .

Cherry sat quietly listening to her pack mate and her lookalike talk wondering if she should tell the pack  about the Vampires in the house .

They only saw the Cold Ones as Vamps and Cherry couldn't understand how Damon, Stefan and Caroline was any different .

Elena wouldn't like it if she ratted out her lover and his brother , though ,and she , Cherry, doesn't want to make enemies .

She felt a hand gently pat her shoulder and by the sure presence of him ,she knew that it's Sam.

She tilted her head back to look up at him ,but found that he wasn't looking at her . She willed him to ,yet it was like willing a dream into existence.

" Duty calls ", he said in his Alpha voice that caused Cherry to involuntary shiver and that caused him to look down and meet her gaze .

Because of their visitors he didn't explain what duty it  is ,but she knew .

Soon she ,Seth and Leah would be going on patrols as well .

"Aw man ," Paul moaned ," I still got so many questions ".

" You can ask them later , Paul , now come ".

There was no room for arguing  . Not with Sam's voice sounding so commanding.

Paul sighed and got up.
" Catch you later ,Elena Gilbert ", he grumbled before walking out of the house .

The whole pack except for Kiowa and the newbies left .

Seth watched them go with a wistful expression upon his face ,but he didn't say anything .

Cherry kind of felt the same .

She would've liked to have run with Sam . Even if her wolf form is on the small side .

She gave Seth a sympathetic smile before launching into a conversation, telling Elena about everything that had happened since they've last met .

The only thing she didn't tell about was her being a wolf now . Nor that Sam and the others are .

" So , you're telling me Elijah saved you ?. Impossible . I can never forgive him for betraying us.... me ", Elena said her tone bitter .

" If it wasn't for my sister's stupidity at starting a fight I wouldn't have almost died ,Elena . Elijah helped and for that I'd be forever grateful . "

" Well, I'm sure that he'll be happy to know that . Anyway , how's your Dad and your sister?".

Cherry shrugged . " I don't know. I haven't seen them in two days . I've been around here the whole time since ...since ...."

" Our father died ", Seth answered for her ," Cherry's been keeping me and Leah company ".

Leah snorted at her brother's words .

She hadn't been the most friendliest since she'd phased and Cherry had the suspicion that Leah really didn't like her all that much .

Seth coughed and cleared his throat while leveling  a glare at his sister .