C32

" Sam!", Cherry called as she walked  out of her Aunt Darcy's house    , breaking into a run towards her soulmate and jumping into his arms laughing happily .

He spun her around , grinning broadly before putting her down and holding her tightly against his chest .

" I'm never letting you out of my sight again ", he murmured softly with his face buried in her hair ," I swear I've gain a thousand grey hairs just by that disappearing stunt ."

She giggled even though she knew that he wasn't kidding . Except maybe about the grey hairs .

He pressed her tighter and she heard him growl softly . It was a warning growl to tell her that she shouldn't laugh .

" I'm sorry ", she whispered before pressing a kiss on the only exposed skin which was between the unbuttoned parts  of his button up shirt .

He shivered with pleasure and she knew that she was once again playing with fire .

Although they're at the kissing stage of their relationship ,they haven't gone further than that . Meaning no sex and she was too shy and embarrassed to ask him about it .

" Oi, Love Birds .We gotta get going !", Paul called from the passenger side of Sam's truck .

Cherry sighed inwardly , wishing she could slap that boy senseless ,but she wasn't about to start a fight between her and him . 

She pulled away from Sam and turned to look at where Embry was stood ,glaring at Zara ,who stood staring down at the pavement .

She felt a pang of guilt for forgetting about Zara the moment she'd laid eyes on Sam .

" Zara!", she called out to the girl .

Zara looked up , meeting her eyes .

" Come on . You and I can sit together if you want . "

Zara nodded , giving her a tight-lipped smile .

" No , you're are not sitting together ", Embry spoke causing Zara's face to fall.

Cherry opened her mouth to protest against his cruelty ,but Sam's arms snaked around her waist and she found herself being carried to his truck.

She didn't scream, kick or scratch like most girls would . She didn't feel annoyed, or exasperated, or anything . She was just let herself be carried  and placed on Paul's lap .

" Ya know,Sam , I could drive so she can sit on your lap ", Paul offered when Sam got into the drivers side .

" No , it's fine,Paul . Just don't get all touchy feely or I'll rip off all your fingers ," Sam said with a hint of a  warning in his tone .

" Yeah,Yeah. I won't . I'm not stupid to touch your things . "

Cherry growled lightly under her breath at that comment . Paul made it sound like she was a possession of sorts .

Embry got inside the truck , trying to keep Zara as far away from Cherry as possible .

Cherry wondered if he thought that she'd do something to his imprint . If that was true he was just being plain stupid . She wouldn't ever think of hurting Zara .

She leaned back against Paul ,closing her eyes because she was exhausted after everything . She was sure Zara was too , but didn't ask because she didn't want Embry to get mad at her .

Paul's arms wrapped around her lightly because he didn't want Sam to growl at him for holding her too tightly .

He began to hum an old lullaby his mother used to sing to him when she was still with him and his Dad and he was a little boy that only wanted a parent's love .