C31

" Where do you think we are ?", Zara asked Cherry who sat munching on a pie she'd napped from a house twenty miles down the road from where they sat at a train station  to rest for a bit .

Shocking ,right ?. Stealing while her Dad's a police officer is like trying to call a blue t-shirt green . Totally wrong and yet she had no choice because they have no money between them two .

" What...You don't know ?. Come on ,Zara, you've kidnapped me with those guys and you don't even know where we are?. Damn ."

Zara looked down at her feet guiltily . She hadn't thought of that since they'd left that hell hole .

" No , they ....they dr... drugged m...me " ,she stuttered , feeling her cheek warm in embarrassment .

Cherry sighed , tossing the pie crust to the train tracks and stood up . " Well, come on . Let's go . I don't want them coming after us and finding us so soon . I want to get home in one piece ,ya know . Not end up in some pie ."

She cringed at her own words because she'd just eat a pie . Atleast it wasn't a meat pie ,but still.

" Are you going to phase again ?. What if you get seen by some trigger happy moron ?".

Cherry looked at Zara and saw the worry in her eyes and on her face .

" We've got no choice ,Zara , I'm not hitch-hiking . I don't and will never trust strangers . Ever . Come on. We'll be back home before you know it ."

" And then Embry and Sam's going to kill me ", Zara groaned .

Cherry just acted like she didn't hear the other girl . There was no way she was going to take away Zara's guilty conscience by saying something .

Zara needed to own up to her wrong doings .

She checked the area quickly to see if nobody's there before phasing and then nudging Zara to get on .
The other girl oblidged . 
           💦💦💦💦
" Sam , I'm sorry I wasn't here . I've come back as soon as I heard . Have you guys found anything ?", Jacob Black asked anxiously his eyes on the pack's Alpha that looked like shit with dark circles under his eyes and disheveled hair .

" Jacob...No , we've looked everywhere . Embry's in a state over Zara's disappearance . We're afraid that she might've ...Oh ,damn , I can't even say it ".

Jacob placed a hand gently on Sam's shoulder . " We'll find them . If Zara had something to do with this....Damn, what am I even saying . We can't hurt her . "

Pushing Jacob's hand from his shoulder Sam stepped away from him and walked over to the kettle . " I'll make us some coffee and then we should be off. That is if you want to help ".

" Oh , I'll help . You can bet your ass I will ," Jacob confirmed as he pulled a chair out at the kitchen table and taking a seat on it .

Sam nodded ,but didn't reply . He was tired . As a matter of fact beyond exhausted and yet he can't stop searching for his imprint .

" I hear Bella got married after all . Didn't she care about Cherry ?".

" No, Jake, it seems Alice  Cullen convinced her to get married without Cherry being there . Chief Swan wasn't happy ,but it wasn't his decision to make . Leah and Seth went to the ceremony and then left . They say that there were another bunch of animal drinkers there. Golden eyes and all. "

" Yeah, I heard . Wonder what's so great about being a porcelain doll that craves blood ".

Sam laughed humorlessly . " Me neither . Anyway here's your coffee . Swallow quickly . I want to get going . "