C16

" Hey,Cherry, it's Emily . Aren't you coming over today ?", Cherry listened to the voicemail on her phone while she sat on her bed , clutching her journal to her chest .

It was Saturday afternoon and she'd overslept . On the one hand she was happy she did because she wasn't ready to deal with anyone today and on the other she felt guilty for not getting up early enough to be able to catch a lift with her Dad to La Push.

She could be at the pack house right now hanging out with Sam and the guys . Or she could be helping Jake fixing the Rabbit.

She just wasn't feeling it today . The need to go to La Push wasn't there .

Her mind was on what she saw in Port Angeles . Or what she think she saw .

If Elijah was really here in Washington ,then was he here for her ?. Was he going to abduct her?. Who was that man with him even?.

She didn't know if they were really there the previous night ,or that it was just a trick of the light ,but she was afraid . Afraid of being taken away from her friends and family because of being what she is .

The fake curse had been broken,right?. But Klaus might need more Döppelganger blood and that means that he might've send Elijah to collect it .

She didn't want to be someone's blood bank .That is what she and Elena is in the eyes of the Hybrid . Yeah, they stored the blood of a Döppelganger inside their bodies like someone would store blood at a blood bank .

Her phone rang and she let it go to voicemail again.

" Listen ,Cherryldene , if you don't get your butt out here right now I'm gonna become very angry . Stop making Sam sad man !", Paul almost shouted in his voice message .

Cherry could hear the anger in his voice and she couldn't blame him for being angry  . She'd been staying away from La Push on Saturdays  for so long now that it was beginning to put a strain on her and Sam's relationship .

She didn't want to hurt him , but she wasn't sure if going there today was such a great idea . She'd see him on Monday anyway , right?. So ,it was probably not such a big deal .

A knock on her doorframe a few seconds later  caused her to look up while trying to push down her thoughts that kept pulling her away from reality .

It was Bella who stood there and she looked better than she did the previous day.

" I'm going over to La Push , Cherry , wanna ride with me?," she asked and Cherry could see the hope in her eyes as well as a little bit of nervousness .

Getting up from her bed Cherry asked " You going to see Jake ?".

Bella nodded . " I acquired a pair of dirt bikes that needs fixing and I only know of one person who can help ,so, I thought of asking him . "

Cherry narrowed her eyes in suspicion clearly remembering the reckless Bella from the previous evening .

" Not to judge ,Bell ,but what do you need the bikes for ?".

Bella cracked a small smile . " To ride them , Cherry . Look ,I don't wanna sit around moping and I wanna try something new ,so, pretty please , don't sue me?".

Cherry eyed her up and down wondering if she was actually thinking on the consequences of what she was going to do .

She probably didn't ,but hey , this Bella is preferable to the one screaming her ears off every night.

" Okay , let me just get dressed quickly and I'll go with you ", she said causing Bella to let out a breath of relief .

" I'll be in the truck . Don't take too long ", was all she said before leaving Cherry who dressed casually in camo  tights and an oversized t-shirt , bringing along her warm hoody and  her usual beanie and mittens .