Reservations Are Not To Be Broken

Only an hour before showtime.

Aldo had informed me moments ago that in an hour he is not to be disturbed, because he's holding a meeting in his office.

I got a Mountain Dew from the fridge and prepared myself to take notes.

Opening the app on my laptop, I watched the empty office begin to fill with Aldo, Dario, a few other men I don't recognize, and Machail Yahontov.

"Gentlemen we're here to discuss a new threat, "The Pirates".

"What all have they done?" Machail asked.

"They've set fires to two of our properties, started selling in our territory, along with recruiting young boys and abducting girls."

"Have they tried making any contact?"

"Not besides targeting out properties, but we need to act, I'm not going to wait for them to have the upper hand. I already have some of my people doing research and gathering intel."

"Good, now, onto other business," Machail said.

"What other business?"

"How's Imogen settling in?"

"She's settling in fine."

"She's...different."

"That she is."

"Xavier has already taken a liking to her."

"That's good then, and what about her?"

"He said she's stubborn, but I know my boy and with the Yahontov charm, they'll be together in no time."

"Alright then. How's Lennox?"

"He is what he is, he isn't a man cut out for this life."

"Why didn't you ever train him?"

"He couldn't handle it; it was like training a girl, he's useless, I wish he were a girl, at least then I could benefit by forming an alliance or something."

"Well, Imogen seems to have taken a liking towards him."

"I guess that's nice. Maybe he can help with getting the two together."

"Maybe. Alright then, that's all for the meeting." Aldo concluded.

I closed out the app and closed my laptop.

Me and Xavier?

I mean I had assumed, but still.

No, way.

Unfortunately, I can't even burst that bubble, because then I'd be found out.

Ugh.