Stress and Paperwork

Mm...soft satin sheets.

I had finally gotten rid of the headache my brothers caused.

I was slipping away to my dream world when I heard the door open.

"You said you were showering in here, not sleeping," Aldo said.

"I've decided to treat myself," I mumbled into the pillow. "Turn off the light. By the way, Lenny's coming over tomorrow."

"That's fine. Do you want to talk about it?"

"Not now, do you?"

"Are you alright?"

"I have a raging headache and I have to pee but I'm too lazy to get up."

"I meant about tonight, what happened."

"It was whatever."

"I saw the bodies in your room, Imogen, what happened?"

"I was getting out of the shower when I heard them breaking in and the gunshots. One of them came into my room, I took him out. I heard another two looking for me, took them out, then another. Took one out on the stairs and one in the pantry, after getting some maids out of the crossfire."

"You don't have to hide how you're feeling, sorellina. Taking a life, especially for the first time, isn't easy."

"Maybe an innocent life, but not those dudes that attacked today. It was either me or them and I chose me. I mean they had no problem shooting me, so I had no problem putting a knife in their necks."

He seemed to be analyzing my response.

I get he wanted me to talk about my feeling, but I didn't have any.

Maybe disgust, because of the sound of the knives piercing flesh. Maybe annoyance, because of the blood coating my bedroom floor, but no remorse. I took about six lives today, six shit lives, so there was no remorse. Especially when I think about what would've happened to me if I hadn't.

"Alright then, however, If you need to talk to someone, you can talk to any of us."

"Yes, I know."

"Are you staying in here?"

"Yes, now go shower, you smell like stress and paperwork."

I woke up to tapping and the smell of Irish Springs

"What time is it?"

"10 am."

"Mm." I rolled over to go back to sleep.

"Weren't you going to spend time with Lennox and Isabella?"

"Not this early."

"You should get up and start the day."

"It's way too early, Aldo."