Chapter 46

Abbie's POV -

The next day I woke up very early to my alarm. I had a banging headache and what made it worse was that I had to go to work today.

After I left Michael's place yesterday I was even more conflicted about who to chose - he hadn't really helped much. All that we achieved was that I cannot stay away from Luke and Dylan for more than two hours and that Michael was slightly psychotic.

We tried to come up with more ways to try and make the decision easier, but my ideas were utterly useless and Michael's all involved some kind of explosive - so once again I have absolutely no idea how I am going to make the decision. Not that I want to.

I groaned and got ready for work. I had to work the triple shift, meaning I would be there till late and would have to lock up.

"I'll see you guys later" I said to luke and Dylan as I passed the kitchen and went to the door. I grabbed my coat and started to put my shoes on.

"What time are you gonna be home?" Dylan asked. I looked up to find both him and luke looking at me with concern.

"Uhh.... I don't know, maybe around eleven ish or later" I said "it depends if we get all of the washing up done" I concluded.

"Do you want one of us to pick you up?" Luke asked.

"Yeah sure" I smiled. I'm still kinda scared about going out late at night after the whole....Crowley fiasco.

"Okay we'll see you later then" Dylan said whilst bringing me into a hug and kissing my forehead. I smiled up at him when he realised me and he grinned back.

I was pulled to Luke's chest and I chucked slightly. He also kissed my cheek and muttered a "goodbye, be safe".

I just smiled back and made my way to the restaurant.

------

- lunchtime -

"Thank you for your custom" I smiled at the elderly couple that had just left a bill at the till.

I was bored out of my wits and I still had half a day to go. I sighed and glanced around the restaurant. The typical lunchtime drunks were huddled around the tv, which was showing some kind of sporting match. Whereas the other side of the restaurant was more peaceful with young and elderly couples having a lunchtime bite to eat.

Rescanning the room and checking that there was no commotion I allowed myself to relax for a bit.

But that was short lived as a voice right beside me startled me from my daydream.

"How you doing, cousin?" Jakes voice was loud in my ear, making me flinch slightly.

"Jake, hey" I grinned and pulled him in for a hug.

"I had to come and check in you to make sure that you were still living; you went all MIA on us" he said chucking.

"Yeah" I sighed but still smiled "a lot has been going on" I replied.

"Well, we'll have to catch up some time yeah?" He questioned and I nodded in reply.

He was about to turn around when I caught his arm and turned him to face me.

"Did you really come all the way down here to see me? Or was there another reason?" I questioned.

"No.... I uh... did want to come and see you. But I'm also kinda on a date at the moment" he said brisk fully.

"Awe really?! Who's the lucky girl?" I asked and scanned the restaurant.

"She's over there" he said nodding in the general direction of the left hand side of the restaurant.