Chapter 15

Luke's POV -

I rested my head up against the cold, white wall of the hospital. After a long journey in the ambulance we eventually got to the hospital but as soon as we got through the doors Abbie was taken from me. They haven't let me see her either.

It's difficult being in the hospital, thus being because there were many invisible lost souls around. I could see them, of course. But they were taunting and teasing me - telling to go with them; to turn dark.

I'm trying to hold on and keep calm.

Sighing I pulled my phone out and dialled the familiar number.

-

Michaels POV -

It was midnight and I was fast asleep only to be shocked awake by my phone blaring out Luke's contact ringtone.

"What Luke?" I grumbled.

There was some incoherent mumbling on the other line but I managed to pick out a few pieces as to what Luke was saying.

"Abbie....fire...bad, she not okay. Lost soul...tiger, tiger.....hospital....teasing, taunting, turning dark"

I shot out of bed and started to pull my clothes on, Jo sat up confused and looked at me.

"Luke, calm down. Where are you?"

"St.peters hospital"

"Okay just hold on we're coming" I assured him before hanging up.

"What's wrong?" Jo asked whilst pulling a jumper over her head.

"Something's happened to Abbie, Luke is at the hospital and I think there are lost souls taunting him" I explained whist grabbing Jo's car keys and throwing them at her.

Her eyes widened and she nodded her head whilst running out the door.

--

Jo and I ran through the doors to the hospital and i immediately saw luke slumped in one of the plastic chairs.

"Luke, buddy, look at me" I said whilst touching his shoulder.

Jo gasped from behind me at Luke's appearance. He had dark eyes and pale skin and you could see the veins clearly going through his face.

Oh no - that is like the appearance of a lost soul.

Luke angrily shoved my hands off of his shoulder and curled up into a ball whist mumbling under his breath.

I ran my hands through my hair frustratingly. Then I had a eureka moment.

"Jo have you got any videos or pictures of Abbie on your phone"

Jo nodded and handed me her headphones and her phone. I looked through the videos and clicked on one of them.

I tried to get Luke to sit up again by pushing his shoulder but he fought back. Another sign of darkness antics.

Growing frustrated I shoved the ear buds in his ears and pressed play.

He immediately froze and watched the screen.

It showed Abbie giggling whilst dancing in a waterfall with Faye. His skin gradually started to gain colour and his eyes went from back to blue.

He sat up, pulled his knees to his chest and continued to watch videos of Abbie. I breathed a sigh of relief and turned to Jo.

"What was that?" she asked.

"Luke nearly turned dark" i said and her eyes widened "but I figure that Abbie makes him happy - so I thought that if I showed him pictures or videos of Abbie it would calm him down; and it did"