Chapter 22

4 months later....

Luke's POV -

"Luke?" I heard Abbie yell from the bedroom.

"Yeah babe?" I replied whilst turning off the TV and walking to our room.

It has been a little over four months and Abbie and I had fully settled into our apartment. We had also finally got all of the insurance money or equivalent belongings that we would have lost in the fire back.

It was finally starting to feel like a home; and my life couldn't be happier.

"Have you seen my purple laces? for my white boots?" she asked whilst throwing things hastily out of the wardrobe.

I chuckled at the sight. I'm surprised we haven't driven each other mad yet to be honest. She is really messy whereas I'm sort of a clean freak - you'd thought we would have clashed by now.

"There in your laces box, along with all of your other laces" I replied whilst walking over to the bed and flopping down on it face first.

"Yeah. I know that! but where's the laces box?" she retaliated whilst putting her hands in her hips in frustration.

"I dunno where did you last see or have it?" I asked whilst laughing slightly.

"You are no help" Abbie replied whilst rolling her eyes.

"What'd you need them for anyway?" I replied whilst making grabby hands at Abbie's body. She walked over and stood in between my legs before replying.

"The girls and I are going out today and I wanted them to match my outfit" she replied whilst pouting.

"Oh no! if we can't find them then you won't be able to go! your outfit will be destroyed" I jokingly said whilst bringing Abbie onto the bed and cuddling up to her side.

"Doesn't matter tho cus now you can spend the whole day with me" I finished and pecked her lips. She simply giggled and moved off the bed.

"Nice try Hemmings but I'm still going - besides you have band practice today anyway" she said pointedly before flouncing out of the room.

I grumbled and flopped down on the bed but a smile formed on my lips as I heard her laugh at my reaction.

-----

"Alright I'll see you later babe, yeah?" I questioned Abbie as we stood in Jo and Michael's doorway. She nodded and kissed my lips. The door swung open causing us to pull apart as Jo skipped out with Michael following her like a lost puppy.

"But it's our movie day! I don't want to spend it with the boys!" Michael whined as Jo hugged Abbie.

"Gee thanks!" i sarcastically replied but Michael only rolled his eyes.

"I don't care. I'm going out on a girls day and that's final" Jo firmly stated and pecked Michael on the cheek before turning and walking down the hall.

"Come on Abbie! Mickey and faye are waiting!" She shouted over her shoulder. Michael grumbled before turning to Abbie and I. They hugged in greeting/Saying goodbye as Abbie also turned to leave.

"So you later babe. To the moon?" Abbie questioned as she walked away.

"And back!" I replied whilst smiling. That was Abbie's and i's way of saying 'I love you' without being direct. I thought it was sweet.

Michael made a fake gaging noise and walked into his apartment with me following.

"Eww" Michael commented as we walked into the 'band room'.

"Shut up! you're just jealous because you don't have the balls to tell Jo that you love her yet" I smartly replied as I picked up my guitar.

"Shut up Hemmings" he replied whilst flipping me off.

"Yeah, he has got a point Mike" Ash said "you should just tell her already, Luke, Cal and I have already told our girls"

"Oh kiss my ass guys" Michael grumbled as he, embarrassed but still laughing, picked up his guitar.

"Okay guys, lets start with practicing "just saying" yeah?" Calum questioned and we all nodded.

"One, two, three, four...." Ash counted us in.

----

We had been practicing for about three hours now and we were all kinda exhausted so we decided to take a lunch brake.

We ordered pizza, got some drinks and all sat in the lounge as we waited for the pizza to be delivered.

A slightly sweaty Ashton turned on the TV and all of our attention was immediately drawn to the news.

"In other news," the news reporter started "on the A5 heading southbound. There is a massive car pile up as a 16 wheeler lorry overturned. As this happened the oil tank it was carrying combusted causing fire to spread havoc. So far there has been 23 deaths and over 50 injuries" she finished.

The boys and I weren't really registering what happened - that was until the camera swept over the scene and at the heart of the pile up you could see a cherry red Ford Focus.

Faye's car.

Calum's eyes instantly widened as he sprung out of his seat to get his phone - I assume to call Faye.

Michael and Ash did the same.

I rose from my seat but my body seemed numb. I walked to the spare bedroom and dialled Abbie's number - silently praying that she would pick up. After what happened with the fire I don't think I could handle another time period of high emotion.

What if the darkness gets to me again? I could feel my emotions start to heighten as I shakily re-dialled Abbie's number.

She wasn't picking up.