Chapter 17

Abbie's POV -

Eventually I was discharged from the hospital. The doctors advised that I should take my pain reliever tablets if the back of my head hurts or if I have headaches. He also said that I needed to go on long walks to clear my lungs from the smoke and try not to stay in stuffy or over-crowded environments.

Luke and I joined Michael and Jo in the hallway, and after many minutes of Jo hugging me and not letting me go Michael managed to pull her off of me and we headed out of the hospital.

Luke put his arm around my shoulder and pulled me to his chest as we walked.

"Where are we gonna stay?" I questioned whilst looking up at Luke.

"I don't care; just as long as I'm with you" Luke said whilst smiling down at me.

"Eww" Michael groaned "would you like some toast with that cheese" he remarked whilst chuckling at his own joke but Jo hit him on the chest.

"Shut up! it was sweet" she exclaimed. "And you're staying with us" she finished.

"No we couldn't possibly int-" I started to say but was cut off by Jo raising her hand and shaking her head.

"Nonsense! we insist - don't we Michael" she turned to Michael waiting for an answer.

"Uhhh.... we do?" he questioned.

Jo hit him once again whilst saying yes and Luke and I laughed.

----

We finally got to Jo and Michael's apartment, the boys sat on the sofa and started to talk whist Jo and I walked into the spare bedroom to set it up for Luke and I.

"If you don't mind me asking - did you see who set the house in fire?" Jo timidly asked whilst making the bed.

Horrible visions of his sinister smirk and dark eyes filled my head and I managed a hesitant nod in reply.

Jo bought me into a hug and rubbed my back comfortingly.

"Shh.... it's okay. He's not gonna hurt you any more. Was he a lost soul?"

"Luke and Michael think so" I confirmed and wiped my tears.

"Stupid lost souls hurting my friend" she muttered angrily under her breath "I swear to god if I ever see his face he'll have a hard time walking when I'm through with him"

I chuckled at her rant as we finished the room preparation.

"Luke and I are ordering pizza" Michael said whilst walking into the room.

"But we always have pizza!" Jo moaned.

"But I like pizza" Michael jokingly moaned back and they left the room bickering about take-aways.

I turned and started to leave the room but jumped when I saw Luke leaning against the door frame.

"Jesus, you scared me" I said whilst placing my hand over my erratic heartbeat.

"Sorry" he chuckled and walked closer to me.

As he got nearer he placed his hands on my hips and pulled me closer to him.

"Are you okay?" he asked whilst looking deeply into my eyes.

"Yeah, are you?" I asked and he nodded in reply. He looked down at my lips before connecting them with his. Our lips moulded together and I intwined my fingers within his hair as his grip on my hips tightened. Still kissing, he backed me up against the wall and ran his tongue across my bottom lip.
My lips parted and our tongues danced together.

As the kiss was getting more heated we pulled away as Jo flounced in the room.

"Oh! sorry I didn't mean to interrupt" she said "but I just wanted to tell you guys that I won and we're getting Chinese" she smiled at us before leaving the room.

Luke turned back towards me an kissed my lips before taking my hand and leading me out of the room to join Michael and Jo.

--- (the next morning)

I was fast asleep, with Luke's arms wrapped tightly around me from behind, when I was awoken by the blaring of a phone going off.

I winced at the sound and I heard Luke groan behind me; it obviously woke him up too.

I rang for a few more minutes before cutting off as no-one answered. I sighed in relief as a silence fell over the apartment once again. But, that was cut short as the ringing started up once again.

I heard some crashing and cursing from outside the bedroom door before Jo answered the phone with an angry "what?!"

There was some incoherent mumbling and then the door swung open and Jo stumbled in with her eyes half closed. She threw the phone at me and mumbled something along the lines of "its your pain in the ass mother!" before walking out - slamming the door in the process.

"Hello?" I quietly questioned whilst sitting up in the bed; much to Luke's protests. He sat up beside me and put his head on my shoulder so as he could hear the conversation as well.

"Abbie?! so you are alive! you could have Called me! I thought you were dead when Mrs Haywood came round and said your house was set alight! do you have any idea what your father and I have been thro-" I closed my eyes and groaned inwardly as my mother continued to scold me.

It carried on for about ten minutes and Luke got bored as he sat up and rolled his eyes in the direction of the phone.

I blocked out what my mother was saying as Luke started to play with my hair and kiss my lips.

I started to giggle but came back to my senses when my mother bellowed. "Do you think this is funny Abigail!"

Uh oh, the full name! I rolled my eyes at the drastic ness of her tone and replied.

"Mother don't worry I'm fine"

"I'll believe it when I see it! that why your father and I are inviting you round for lunch" oh how formal! I grimaced and Luke chuckled.

I gave him and pleading look, so he whispered in my ear "don't worry I'll turn invisible and be there with you"
I mouthed a thank you and finished arranging lunch with my mother.