24| His Office

Opening this door meant I understood I wasn't going home for just now. It meant I stayed and ensured everything went well with Naomi. It meant I needed to make sure she was safe before I could go home to my family.

I took a deep breath before pushing the door and entered his office.

The first thing my notices is the cold breeze that washes over me, the AC blasting its rage against my skin. Rubbing my hands up and down, trying to ease my raised pores as I slowly walked into the room.

"I don't have all day!" boomed his voice. Gradually I moved away from the closed doors, heading more into the room. The more I walked, the cold air seeped through my clothes like needles nipping at my skin.

I couldn't help but feel a cold, ancient vintage vibe about the room.

There are velvet dust brown chaise longue chairs lined on the sides of the room with black and silver cushions. There are at least two brass center tables, each with a crystal vase and a ball. There's a large glass table with a brass stand in the middle of the room with a vase with an enormous bouquet of white unique flowers. Overhead hung a pair of modern spiral crystal chandeliers, the walls and ceilings were decorated with gold designs with dazzling details, which were complemented by the black background.

At the end of the room, I push another room into a peculiar atmosphere. The ceiling of this room was different; it was covered in an old map twin with a Victorian chandelier and small ceiling lights on the left side of his office, a large black cabinet. Behind a long gold and black desk, Sebastian sat confidently with hair freshly cut and gelled to perfection, dressed in a black suit lined with gold. He typed on his laptop at an incredible speed.

Without raising his eyes he said.

"Finally, you're here."

" I had a wardrobe malfunction at the last minute. I'm sooo sorry." I mumbled.

"Sit."

I hurried before walking to the chair in front of his desk and sat.

"Well..." he says finally looking up at me giving me his full attention causing my breath to quicken when my eyes lock foe with his blue-green ones it tells a thousand emotions.

"...since the news of your decision to stay with us. There are a few things we must discuss..." he pauses, his eyes studying me. The intensity of his stare increases with each passing second, it causes me to fidget.

"So, since my brother and your best friend are in love. You are my guest and you'll be treated as such. You'll be provided with a new phone of your choosing as an apology. Whatever you desire, feel free to ask me or your maid," pauses again.

"Questions?" he asks. Feeling self-conscious, I look down at my lap.

He took a deep breath then said.

"It's rude not to make eye contact when someone is in front of you," he says.

Slowly I raise my head, his sharp features plastered with a smirk.

"Why do I need a maid, though?"

A tall blonde woman with a high ponytail and a bold red lip interrupted us.

"Sir, your next meeting is in five minutes," she says, her voice laced with urgency.

"Thank you, Mernda." with that she leaves.

"Miss Ratzinger, we'll continue this meeting another time." he said as he got up and walks to the door and held it open.

"B-But I have a question," I say, stammering.

"I'm afraid it's going to have to wait for our next meeting." he says, his voice impatient.

He follows me to the door, and outside is Katrina.

"Hi Miss Ratzinger, I'm your personal maid." she says curtsying, her hands behind her back.

"Come, I'll follow you back to your room." 

A/N

Hey, guys, next chapter will be up tomorrow. Thanks so much for your continued support for this book. Thanks to you guys this book now has 1,360 views and 386 votes. You guys are the best.

 Remember to 

VOTE

COMMENT 

FOLLOW