12| Isn't She Beautiful

"Aunt Lucy, you can't possibly think I'd plan this to get away from you," Naomi paused.

"I called, doesn't that show something?"

"Okay, you know what. I'm done explaining," Naomi yelled into the phone as she ended the call.

She looked at me then the brothers and gave us all a small smile and passed the phone to me. I swallowed hard, trying to push past the lump in my throat. The lump couldn't compare to the overwhelming empty nauseating feeling I felt called anxiety. I collected the phone, my heart picking up in speed as a chance of my dad answering coming into realisation.

My hands trembled as I punched the ten-digit number in, hearing the dial tone. I swallowed hard as I hesitated to press the send button.

Poop

The phone rang, my eyes looking all over as I anticipated the answer of the phone.

On the third ring, I heard someone pick up the phone. I didn't speak.

"Hello?" I heard my mom's shaky voice.

"Mom?" I replied, tears building up in my eyes.

I had to ask if it was her, her voice was heavy with shame, the same way her guilt weighed down upon her shoulders.

"Abigail. Is that you?" she asked with hesitation in her voice.

"Yes mom. It's me," I said through sobs.

"Are you okay? I've... we... myself and your father have been worried. Where are you?"

"I'll be home soon... I promise... how's everyone?" I asked trying to avoid her question without them realising so I can look around and tell her something she can decipher where I am.

I looked at the window and remembered the blue water I saw.

"Well, your brother and his wife..." my mom began before I cut her off.

"Mom I'm in Fra..." the phone yanked out my hands from Sebastian. He was furious.

He was absolutely handsome, but such an... an... ass... yes, that's the word I was looking for.

"The purpose of the call was to let them know you're okay... not to tell them your location," he bellowed.

"Whatever," I grumbled.

"Well, in no time you'll be home...after we wipe your memories about the incident, of course," Lazarus says.

"What part of you're not doing that don't you understand Mr. Backhand?...Hmmm," I asked, lifting my right brow.

They were both about to leave without an explanation when Victoria walked in the room looking rather high in spirits and dressed in a Navy blue pants suit.

Her black hair was styled into an updo with her hair pinned to the side into a bang. Unlike the last time, her lips were lightly coated in lip gloss, allowing her plump pink lips to show. But what stood out the most was her pearl stud with a halo of diamonds.

"Mom, what are you doing here?" Sebastian asked, putting emphasis on here with the fact his mother's appearance shocked him.

"Well, son, I came here to check on the girls... especially Abigail here...isn't she beautiful?" she asked looking at Sebastian smiling.

He looked over at me, his main focus on my face. While I stood there feeling clumsy in my own body, my legs felt like noodles, but somehow I stayed grounded. When our eyes caught hold of each other my head felt light not in a dizzy way but in a unique spell bounding way causing me to state deeper into his blue eyes. I don't know how long we stared at each other, but the clearing of the throat interrupted us.

"Well?"

"Well, she isn't ugly for starters...but she's a human," he said before smiling at me.

What did he mean by that?

Snub

A/N

Hey guys are your thoughts of this chapter.. you guys know how I love reading and replying to your comments.

What do you think about the situation with Naomi and her Aunt?

And how do you think things are going on Abigail's mother's side and what do you think Victoria was trying to achieve by saying Abigail is beautiful?

Does she know more than we know about Abigail?

Lastly what was that weird feeling that came over Abigail as she was staring at Sebastian?

Find out more as the story goes along

Thank you for your support, Don't forget to

Don't forget to 

Add to your library

Vote ⭐️

Comment 💬

Follow Me

~Ariel❤️