14| What could Mr. Handsome want?

"S-sure?" I answered, unsure with a trembling voice.

'It's okay. I wouldn't hurt you...about what happened three weeks ago...a-am sorry,"

I stood there dumbfounded, knowing it will take time for my brain to find the words to adequately express what I felt. We've been here three weeks! That didn't surprise me the most, though. It was the fact that he apologised and from our previous encounter, when he learnt I was claustrophobic he didn't say sorry, only his actions and facial expression spoke words for him. I mean, we all say actions speak louder than words. But he showed actions...so which meant more?

"It's okay," I said, avoiding eye contact with him, before glimpsing at his face then looking away again.

"Look. I know we started off on the wrong foot and it'll take time for you to forgive me...I just wanted to say that."

I shook my head, lost for words. But I thought, what if he had something up his sleeves? He moved closer to me. The air suddenly shifts, becoming hot, all our senses become heightened. I was now aware of how tall he was. My head only reached his sturdy muscled chest. I tilted my head up to catch him looking down at me, puzzled.

"Ahem"

"I think they might miss you," he continued while moving his hands from the door and stepping aside.

"Aren't you coming?" I asked, instantly regretting my words.

"Yes, Of course, I have guards to appoint," he said smirking, flashing his perfectly aligned teeth.

"Ohhh...err...I wouldn't run,"

"Sure you wouldn't...rather be certain though," he said, still smirking.

"Come. Follow me,"

I scuffed.

As before, his strides were long, leaving me to take twice as many steps to keep up. The sun was beaming through the window panes. I stopped at a window and looked through, I looked at him; I ran after him, I saw he was about to bang the corner.

I made a run for it. I wasn't an athlete like my brother Nathan. He was a champion runner; he went to the nationals and gained a full scholarship, where he studied Engineering at Stanford University in California. I wanted to go there, but my dad refused to pay my tuition fee even with financial aid.

I was so deep in thoughts I ran into someone knocking my head hard. I sat up holding my head as shocks of pain hammering my head.

"I'm so sorry ma'am, are you okay?" I heard a soft voice ask in concern.

"Ugh, yes" I hissed.

I looked up to find a worried face; She was beautiful. I wondered If it was a trait with the vampire species.

Her silky brunette hair was pulled into a low bun. She was dressed in a black and white maid's uniform. It explained why she was worried. She thinks she is in some sort of trouble.

"I'm all better," I said as the headache subsided.

"Is there anything I can do for you, ma'am?"

I looked in the direction where I last saw him, but he was long gone. Of course, he was. I wonder if I can use this opportunity to escape. But what about Naomi, she would never forgive me for leaving her with these vampires.

"Actually. Yes, can you show me where or help me find Sebastian or Victoria?"

"Ma'am, you mean they're highnesses. You must never address them full-mouthed." she scolds me.

"Okay, but they...I mean Queen Victoria said I can call her by her first name."

"Okay ma'am, but never does it in front of his majesty, King Alexander, he hates it. But I'll be happy to show you the way," she says, a bright smile spreading across her face.

"Thank you so much."

"Follow me."

She walked in front of me, helped me to my feet and we began walking in the direction Sebastian went. She didn't walk fast, so I could keep abreast. I felt weird just walking behind, so I tried to start a conversation.

"So...What's your name?" I asked eagerly.

"Katrina"

"Nice to meet you, Katrina, I'm Abigail."

"It is nice to meet you as well ma'am"

"You know you don't need to say ma'am in every sentence, just call me Abigail, we're friends aren't we?'

"I'm sorry, ma'am, but I am a maid and I'm afraid that we cannot have a friendship. Prince Sebastian is a serious man and I suggest we keep things the way it is now"

It hurt me; I loved meeting and talking to new friends and here she was rejecting me. I wanted to cry, yet I was angry at the same time. That wasn't the easiest state to control since I cried whenever I was angry. But should I be angry at her, or him, for driving fear into his workers? My eyes were filled with tears. If I only blinked, the evidence would be on my cheeks showing that it hurt me. So as she walked ahead, I leaned my head back into an attempt to keep the tears in the sockets of my eyes and soon after the tears dried.

Works every time.

"We're here ma'am," she said pointing to an open cream double door revealing two grand curved stairs leading to a dance floor.

"Thank you so much"

I walked past the double doors and entered another dance floor where I assumed the next room everyone was waiting on me. I fidgeted with my dress as I walked down the hall, then to the stairs to a room. When I entered the room everyone was waiting on me all there eyes except Victoria was infuriated.

"Where were you?" Naomi asked her hands on her hips. I watched everyone, feeling the tension rise in the room. 

A/N

Hey guys, I wasn't feeling well...either way I still pushed my self and typed this chapter. I made the chapter-long for my friend. Thank you guys for all the reads this book has received during this week. It has gotten over 100 to 200 views in a week. Thanks to you my lovely readers this book had 415 views and 84 votes. Thank you guys for your support it means a lot to me. 

I'm so angry with this flu I got cause I'm not able to read these amazing books I'm reading. Check my Amazing Undiscovered Reading List for the books I'm currently reading. 

Till next time.

Thank you for reading today's chapters.

Don't forget to

Add to your library

Vote ⭐️

Comment 💬

Follow Me

~Ariel❤️