33| Eavesdropping

My chat with Sebastian was two days ago. I even chatted with Naomi, and it turns out that the King requires her to go through training before she can date Larazus. Not to mention that he intends to marry Naomi.

The ringing of my phone wakes me up from my reverie.

"What's up, Mom?"

"Good day, honey." "Have you made up your mind?"

"Yes, I made the decision to go." "It's a fantastic opportunity, and it also pays well," I exclaim.

"I understand, honey. But you haven't informed me how long you'll have to stay in Paris with him?" mum worries.

He says, "Three and a half weeks, the other one and a half will be like a vacation." He wants to show me around so I can go out alone except for the guards."

"Hmmmmmmm," she muses.

"It seems like he's guarding someone or a secret." Because if the media is unaware of your presence, more over the country. Then why wouldn't you be allowed out if you knew the area? I'd think he likes you if I didn't know better, Abby."

I scoff, amused by the fact that he seems uninterested in me. To top it all off, he has one bimbo after the other in his room every night, usually shouting or moaning at the top of their lungs.

"Wouldn't that be horrible, Mom, because I'm supposed to be engaged to..." I sigh and roll my eyes.

Sebastian bursts in at the same time.

"Have you started packing since making your decision?"

"Wh-what...how did you get there-"

"I'll have to call you later, Mom."

I chose not to even recognize his listening in on my conversation.

"Y-yes, I did, but I have a question." "Do I have to say anything or can I just be at your side?"

"You don't expect to get paid only to look pretty?"

Of course, he was correct, but how can he give both a compliment and an insult?

"Of course not, but don't you know it's wrong to eavesdrop on someone else's conversation?"

He simply walks away, not acknowledging what I said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"That's all the baggage, sir."

"Excellent, Abigail, please get in the van."

Wearing a pristine pink pants suit with black buttons and two faux pockets on the jacket. I was comfortable with my part in all of this. The drive was unlike the previous time I visited the city. It was filled with anxiousness, and my heart leaped with excitement, but I was also afraid. I knew that this experience would help me become more self-assured.

The ringing of Sebastian's phone interrupts my thoughts.

"What's up, babe?"

I knew he had a long-term girlfriend, but I didn't anticipate them being together with all the females he brought back to his room.

"I'm on the trip I mentioned... "What happened?"

He takes a breather to listen to her.

"Babe, we've spoken about it. She's only here to do business with me. Nothing else."

He turns to face me, catching me listening to his conversation. When our gazes locked on each other. I nervously grin and grab for the bottle of champagne he had opened earlier. I took a sip, and my tongue immediately exploded with taste from the fizzy drink's bubbles, savoring the sweet currents to dance in my mouth.

When he saw I wasn't paying attention to his conversation, he resumed speaking.

"I'm sorry, but I have to get rid of a nuisance,"

I exclaimed. Wait, I was an irritation?! This jerk never seems to tire of insulting me.

"Yeah, those four weeks will be gone before you realize it."

For the next couple of hours, they spoke about whatever dreary topic they were talking. As I stole a few glances at him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Abigail, get up! "We've arrived," Sebastian murmurs softly.

The paparazzi greeted us as we exited the limousine. I quickly slipped behind him and became lost in the crowd as I shielded my eyes from the constant flashing of the cameras. Then I felt muscular arms around my waist. When I looked up, I spotted Sebastian. The bodyguards were now dividing the crowd escorting us to the hotel.

A/N

After two years of slow updates I'm back I've finally finished my associate's degree in chemistry. This means more time for updating this book. Chapter 34 is already written and being typed as you're reading this. Note thanks to Wattpad's new update we writers can now lock chapters for readers who aren't following us so...Don't forget to

VOTE

COMMENT

FOLLOW