20| It's About Him

A/N 

I dedicate this chapter to AyJayWalters for being here with this book from day one she has a trilogy called Enforced. Check her profile to read, it's drama-packed! 

As I walked away, I felt a slight relief as I knew soon we would go home.

"Naomi?"

"Yeah?"

"Am do you know when we'll be going home since you and Lazarus have been getting on so well lately?" I asked, once again feeling the burning sensation in my chest.

"Ohh yeah about that we need to talk," she says lowering her head, turning to me.

"Ah okay, sure," I say, unsure of what she might say.

As we walked in silence I kept making glances at Naomi trying to put my finger on what she wanted to tell me. I caught sight of the servants' and guards' eyes that watched in our direction. They're stares weren't that of amusement, envy or anger. Their eyes held lust, but why. I ignored the stares as it was on familiar grounds of our room. We entered, and I immediately undressed, observing the timid, hesitant behaviour of Naomi.

"Can I accompany you?" Naomi asks softly.

"S-sure, why not?"

Covering my nude body in the towel, I entered the bathroom, Naomi following behind, sitting on the closed toilet seat. I loosen my hair, put the band on my hand, turning the shower on, allowing the water to flow through my hair and on to my body. My hands unconsciously touch the part where my bruise had disappeared, feeling they weren't even a mark showing I hadn't imagined it.

"So you said you had something to talk to me about?"

"Uh...yeah."

"Okay, I'm listening."

"Am, this is so hard," she says, her voice shaky.

"I'm not going back to America with you," she says, the words rushing out her mouth.

"What!?" I saw angry, realising who the reason for her decision was. I poke my head out the glass seeing Naomi pacing back and forth rubbing her head. Her eyes shoot to me, running to me.

"Abby, please you need to understand."

"Understand what Nae?!" I screamed, tears streaming down my face, reality hitting me like a bolder that I could never see her if I left.

"It's not because of him," she whispers, sobbing.

"I swear, Abigail,"

I looked her in the eyes, tears streaming down her face. Her lips trembled. So I asked her something to know what my next move is.

"So you're telling me, that's your decision to stay in France. Has nothing to do with Lazarus?" I said, stepping out the bath.

She looks up at me, her lips obviously nervous, and starts hesitating.

"Not full..." I raised my hands, cutting her off, knowing exactly what she is about to say with my lips pulled in and tears beginning to flow like rivers. I turned from her, walking out from the run, unable to deal with all the drama all at once. First, it's drunk Sebastian, who seems to like me. It's hard to come to grips with. Then there's the part where I envy the love Naomi has with Lazarus. But what's confusing is the fact I can't figure out what these feelings for Sebastian are? And ever since my scar disappeared, everyone is suddenly paying me attention.

She follows behind me.

"Abby just hear me out!" She shouts.

A/N 

Hey, guys, this chapter was to be initially more longer but I cut it in half to ease some of the tension that will be in the chapter to come. Thank you guys for the support and I wanna welcome my new reader novels_15xx  and my faithful readers thank you guys. 

Don't forget to add this book to your library to get updated when I upload,

Vote ⭐️

Comment 💬

Follow Me

~Ariel❤️