Shopping

Noelle had gone with Harry that next morning to go to Hogsmeade to get Fred an anniversary present. She needed someone to help her pick something out and she thought it might be a good time for some sibling bonding.

They got to hogsmeade and quickly found the shop they were looking for. They stepped inside and was instantly engulfed in a different heat.

"It's hot in here." Harry stated, wiping the sweat off his face.

"Thank you mr. obvious." Noelle replied, taking off her coat and throwing it over her arm. They looked around the store separately.

"Hey! Hey Noelle! What about this?" Harry asked, running toward her with a rock in hand.

"What the bloody hell is that Harry? This is our one year!" She laughed, taking the shiny black stone from him.

"It's supposed to like...bring protection. Or something." He sighed, taking it back.

"I have an idea!" She took the stone from him and paid for it, a chain, and a random ring she found.

They walked out of the store and made their way to the black smith a quarter a ways down the street from where they were.

"What're we doing here?" Harry asked, opening the door for her, stepping in after.

"Hold on Harry!" She replied, skipping over to the front desk and whispering to him, handing him the objects as he took them to the back.

"What's he doing?"

"Harry if you don't shut your bloody mouth." She started as Harry put his hands up in defense, sitting down in a chair behind him with a smile on his face.

"Did you hear we're having a ball?" He asks, putting his coat back on at the change of temperature this store had compared to the other.

"I might have heard a bit about a ball." She replied, looking over at her brother.

"I think I'm gonna ask Cho."

"Cho Chang?" Noelle asked, surprised at his words.

"Yeah.." he replied, his cheeks turning pink like Emily's hair would do when we talked about her and George.

"She's gorgeous. She'd be lucky to accompany you."

They sat in silence until the old man came back out with a brown paper bag in his hand with a red bow stuff to the top, keeping it closed.

"Thank you!" Noelle squealed as she grabbed Harry's hand and ran out of the store, dragging him back to Hogwarts.

Looking into the bag that was once concealed, a smile instantly came to her face as she seen the present. Hoping it was enough she couldn't stop laughing with Harry about how their day was gonna go when they ran into a particularly tall boy, in yellow.

"Oh hello Cedric." Harry said as Noelle moved to put the brown bag in her purse that was around her shoulder.

"Harry, Noelle." He replied, sending both of them warm smiles.

"It's cold out, what're you doing outside the castle?" He asked, looking towards Noelle who couldn't seem to lift her head to look at him for longer then 10 seconds, not daring to make eye contact.

"Getting a gift for Fred. It's her and his One year tomorrow." Harry replied, putting his arm around her shoulders and pushing past Cedric.

"Sorry but we have things to do!" He waved back to Cedric before walking away with Noelle towards the common room.

"Where have you two been off to?" Fred asks as they walked into the common room, smiling and laughing. Though their laughing stopped as soon as they heard the question, until they looked at each other and once again couldn't stop laughing.

"None of your business!" Noelle laughed, grabbing Harry's hand and rushing with him up to Fred's dorm.

"Where do I hide it?" She asked as she looked around the room, Harry sulking on the couch he'd been sleeping on.

"Under the bed?" He questioned as Noelle moved around the room.

"Brilliant!" She said as she found a vent behind George's bed, unlocking it and shoving the small bag inside.

"What're you up to?" Fred asked, sneaking into the room. She shot up from under the bed and looked towards her boy friend.

"Oh- Uhm I was looking for something. For tomorrow, our anniversary." She replied, putting on a smile to which he just laughed at.

"Don't go snooping. I don't want you to see what I got." He brings her in for a hug, resting his head on top of hers.

"You to!" She replies, pushing him off and laughing as Harry clears his throat and ruins the moment.

"I'm going out with the group for a bit. You coming?" He asked, walking towards the door at a quick pace.

"We'll catch up with you guys!" Fred replied, pushing the girl on the bed as Harry walked out.